New Topic For The Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Topic For The Week

There is a dire need for J/A gearcases. The misc. parts such as throttle brackets, steering bars are being made. There are plenty of used fishing motors (both OMC & Merc.) What can me done about gear case production!! With no additional motors there can not be any groath in the J/A classes.
    Darrell

Can't the Hot Rod units that Ron Selewach is soon to be building be used?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Hot rod lowers . . .

Last tiem I fiddled with OMC and Hot Rod gearcases the innards were exactly alike gear ratio included, save for the impeller, not sure if those were equal size. I never tried to switch them so I don't know if the units would mount to the OMC tower without mods, but an adapter plate would be easy to fashion.
      carpetbagger

Comment

Ron Selewach is making a batch of them and should be ready shortly. I ordered two of them and know he has about 15 of them sold so far. I think he making a 100 of them to start with and they do have the same inards as the Hotrod only differance is the case.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

APBA is out of the conversions for the Merc and Patty said they are in the process of being made but dont know what the new price will be as of yet.
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

George:

how much does a new gearcase cost?

Joe

Comment

Joe I dont know if the final price is set yet but should be reasonable as Ron isnt out to make a killing on the hotrod or the any of the racing stuff he wants to promote the sport and try and get more people interested in racing. What he wants to do is supply everything to go racing with from new motors to complette outfits.

Comment

This topic droped like a rock! So let me try again.

Is the OMC/Merc. J/A gear case going to be produced again?

If it is, who will be making it? Jake? Ron S.?

If it is, what will be the projected price?

How about using other units with an adaptor plate that has the exhaust passage. Hot Rod is the same internally. Rossi, VRP & possible Arens, Konei make 11:15 that is almost the same ratio .7333 vs .7368

Can't get new people into racing with out motors. Example - I have several J/A Hydro kits in stock. Lots of inquires, no sales because there are no motors to put on them. When I do hear of a motor for sale, I pass the information on to someone new who want's to race. Not to someone who already has one.

Darrell

Comment

APBA has Mercury 15 hp fishing motors in stock. 50 conversions kits are currently being produced to turn these motors into J/AXS racing motors. Ron S. is reproducing the A/J gear case. You would need to ask Ron about price and expected date of avialability.

Mark Wheeler

Comment

I talked to Ron last Fri and they are about to pour the cases shortly and expect to have them ready by early next year. He said as of yet the price isnt set but are shooting for somewhere around 700.00 ready to go. Patty at APBA said they have new Mercs sold and waiting for the conversion kits to be ready so they can ship them. A cheaper way to go is find a good used 1999 or newer 9.9 or 15 and just buy the conversion kit. The 9.9 is way cheaper used then the 15 as there are just more of them around. Just add the tuned pipe in the tower 48.00 list and the bigger 15 carb 172.50 list and its a 15. You can take the left over parts {stock gear foot, tiller handle
                    ] and sell them and get back some money. I picked up a 1999 and a 2002 9.9 for less then one new unconverted APBA 15

Comment

These are a leagal J/A motor to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50439

Comment

can i get the guys phone number or email adress that is going to make the gearcases my dad and i are putting a formula motor together so we will need a gearcase so if you could get that info to me it would be great!
                        89-F
                        ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

call Cooper at 920-748-2600 days.

19P
                          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

thank you very much
                            89-F
                            ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

Working...
                            X