No announcement yet.

New APBA stock outboard class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must have missed something, who said new boats are going to be required? Who said that the current C boats won't be legal?

Did I miss a post somewhere?
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• New class

We are not going to require new boats. This class is going to be a great success. David.

Comment

• post#1 don

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
        I must have missed something, who said new boats are going to be required? Who said that the current C boats won't be legal?

Did I miss a post somewhere?
        dave indicated (vaguely hinted) that in his second to last sentence of the first post. even if the current C boat is legal how many current racers you think are going to want to buy another 302 just to run this class? wouldn't the "J" prop idea be a whole heck of a lot easier? take the guys out who win race after race and let the real novice racer draw a spec prop. instant affordable success.

i know some are going to talk about milled heads and profiled gearcases. i think that very very slight advantage is much more acceptable than buying new motors.
        Last edited by Team 12R; 02-05-2012, 01:09 AM. Reason: x
        Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

• Bill

Bill...I sent you an e mail. Please take a few minutes and glance at it for me and reply via e mail...not on Hydroracer. Thank you.

Comment

• A couple of us 1 litre mod Inboard guys are looking for a stock outboard class to play in. It was suggested that 302 was a good place to go. I'm having a heck of a time understanding what hulls are legal or considered good ones to pursue for this use. Are there kits, plans, used hull resources available? Any directions you can point me would be appreciated. We're Midwest guys with a young J stocker and we'd like to go play too when we're not Inboard racing.

Comment

• Talk to Mike Pavlick or Tom Johnston...302 is C stock Hydro or runabout. Plus the J class is pretty big out there.
              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• You can contact me at racershep46@att.net, I'm region 7 chair and I can help you

Kris Shepard

Comment

• I raced 302 this year, and plan for the next ?? as well as have a J driver. Depending on your location, there are a number of 302 races here in Region 6 as well. Feel free to PM me and I can assist as well.
                  When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

• your post

Originally posted by mhammer View Post
                    A couple of us 1 litre mod Inboard guys are looking for a stock outboard class to play in. It was suggested that 302 was a good place to go. I'm having a heck of a time understanding what hulls are legal or considered good ones to pursue for this use. Are there kits, plans, used hull resources available? Any directions you can point me would be appreciated. We're Midwest guys with a young J stocker and we'd like to go play too when we're not Inboard racing.
                    We would be glad to help you guys. Let me know how we can help.
                    Thanks for the interest, Jeff
                    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X