Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Meeting ?

It's national meeting week.

I have not read the first complaining about anything.

Where's the drama! There has to be something that someone pi$$ed about.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Moan & groan

Tim....How about the lovely SOCIAL SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Reason I Didn't Go...

I used to like to go to the meeting because in the evenings, they has a "Hostility" Room with free drinks. Now, they don't have these rooms because they make too much noise. Hell, might as well stay home and work!!!!

ADD:
      In the "OLD DAYS" most business was conducted in the "Hositiity" room, some called it the "Hospitality Room"...What do they know???

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
        I used to like to go to the meeting because in the evenings, they has a "Hostility" Room with free drinks. Now, they don't have these rooms because they make too much noise. Hell, might as well stay home and work!!!!

ADD:
        In the "OLD DAYS" most business was conducted in the "Hositiity" room, some called it the "Hospitality Room"...What do they know???

Now a days they can't afford the free drinks !!!!!! Had to pay for the new Network
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

New Network???

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
          Now a days they can't afford the free drinks !!!!!! Had to pay for the new Network
          You mean that hydroracer.net or boatracingfacts.com weren't any good? I asked APBA for a small ad, simple answer was "NO."

Comment

In the past there has been someone with deep pockets and a "source" for drinks who was the person who made the libations available, such as Bernie Little, who when he was alive was a quite large Budweiser distributor.

Perhaps when he passed, the practice became extinct, OR the powers that be decided they had enough problems when the membership was sober, much less had a few drinks in them. If this was the first year the hospitality room was not open, the the comment about the new network may have some validity, although a little "hospitality" might lessen any "hostility" and make that whole idea go down a little better.

Comment

Very unusual that there hasn't been much talk of the meeting or the agenda for the meeting here or on Boat Racing Facts either way. Usually there is something!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Here is some information from the meeting!

The SORC Agenda and some information on updates to the Sidewinder Engines.
                Attached Files

Comment

Agenda for National Meeting

Here is the agenda for the Saturday National Meeting
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm Here in Chicago!!

-new insurance meeting wasa this morning. Lots of interesting stuff going on with our new insurnace group. Wrist bands are going to be huge for everyone to have in hot pits. That point was noted many times....

- I'm on the SORC, so i'll be in that meeting all day.

- Later this eveneing the Crown partners will be having a meeting to discuss the new website that will be going live this week (already can get on my iphone). Learning the how too's and what they worked on the last year. can't wait!!!! At least on my iphone it looks good!!!

Talk with you all later!
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Does anyone have address and directions to the meeting site?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
                        It's national meeting week.

I have not read the first complaining about anything.

Where's the drama! There has to be something that someone pi$$ed about.

Tim
                        How about some more rules. We need some more rules to add to the Rule Book. Wait, I forgot, we don't have a Rule Book anymore....

Tom Burwinkle
                        11-K
                        sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Kind of Like The EPA

Originally posted by burl11 View Post
                          How about some more rules. We need some more rules to add to the Rule Book. Wait, I forgot, we don't have a Rule Book anymore....

January 1, 2012, 80,000 pages of NEW EPA regulations. In the last three years gas has gone up 83%...but what WE NEED IS RULES GOD D%$& IT...More is BETTER!

Lee Morehouse built most of my runabouts. He did some testing an concluded this 1/16 of an inch hook gave him a mile an hour.

Lee being new to boating, and had just left Walt (Disney) and Hanna and Barbarra. He had been the main Mickey Mouse cartoonist. Lee looked at the world if if the world were a cartoon.

So, after finding a mile per hour with a 16th, he added an inch hook, figuring the boat would "FLY......." Sometime, more ain't better.

Rod Zapf always wanted a rule that said for ever new rule added, two should be removed...

ADD:

Now a "HOOK" in the chine was another matter! 19-C is me, 1955. I was 11.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-26-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

ROn you couldn't stay on track if you were paid, lol.

If you want an analogy you would need to compare this to other types of motorsports. NASCAR is brought up often, the rules changes from year to year in NASCAR would make APBA's look like chump change, this isn't the '50 & 60's anymore.

Comment

rule book??... that why we paying extra this year so we dont get one,,,,,, ooo ya they cant even up date the records section on the net ,,,mmmm how about people talk about centrelising the nats,,, going to east coast all the time sucks,,,gas expensive.... and 3 heat finals??... it a long drive,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                              X