Trailer Paint Recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Paint Recomendation

I'm repainting the steel frame on my racing equipment trailer and looking for a high gloss black. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Jack

paint

For off the shelf paint, I like Hammerite. Brush or spray, It leaves a nice hard finish.
    Maroney Racing

Comment

Sherwin-Williams Kem 400 is a very durable exterior acrylic enamel that
      can be tinted in all kinds of colors..

Comment

You jumping back in a Boat Jack? Hope to see ya some time this season.
        Roger A 68M
        Team Casual

Comment

No. I'm just keeping my gear in shape. Mark Daspit is driving my boat and his CSH in NBRA. I'm having fun being a pit *****. Jack

Comment

Glad you're still involved Jack...I'm thinking you make one heck of a Pit*****! Mark is a lucky guy!
            Roger A 68M
            Team Casual

Comment

Col. Tractor supply has industrial enamel with a hardner , Just painted Fast Jacks small trailer with it =came out good .. not a ton of $.. Jacks dad

Comment

Por-15

Many auto restorers use POR-15 to paint the frames of their cars. It isn't cheap.
                Bill Thomas
                The Classic Mustang Shop
                Beaverton, OR

Comment

Trailer Paint

Jack,
                  I am building a trailer right now and am painting it with Acrylic enamal from Tractor Supply.
                  It looks great when finished and use the hardener also , it is easy to spray or brush.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate all the inputs. Went to Tractor Supply the other day but that particular store did not have any paints other than spray. Will go to one that I know has a better selection. I've used their reds and was happy. Jack

Comment

That Hammerite paint looks interesting. May give it a try. I assume they will ship it because I could not find it in the Austin, TX area. Thanks again. Jack

Comment

por-15 is the best

Comment

Working...
                        X