CSH Weight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSH Weight...

Thinking about getting a hydro..probably not till 2013 ($$)..I weigh approx 220#..am I "too big" for a "C"?
    Roger A 68M
    Team Casual

Nope. You probably will be a little heavy, but it won't matter all that much. You want a fast one?

Comment

Nah, Ryan I wanna suck rooster tail at the back, Drive through all the S..t water, and do nothing but fund local clubs coffers..OF Course I want a fast one!! Love the smell of exhaust....
      Roger A 68M
      Team Casual

Comment

Roger, yes, you need a hydro and be a real racer. Jack

Comment

Settle down there Jack... Some of us only use training wheels part of the time. Affholter- Let me know when you want to pull the trigger. Here at Team B&H, everything is always for sale. And remember, we lap it faster.

Comment

The right boat, motor, prop combination will get you to competitive speeds. Weight in CSH is only a problem when you're 50+ lbs over. I'm 200lbs, in my boat i'm 25lbs over CSH weight, and i got 3rd at nationals this year.

Find the right boat, motor, and prop. You will be fine.
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Thanks All!! You have helped me confirm my decision...let the saving begin.
              Roger A 68M
              Team Casual

Comment

Going for CSH could be a great incentive for your health.
                Based on 440 class weight, subtract : (220) you, (95) 302, (15)costume, dictates a 110 boat to make minimum.
                Most CSH's 120-130,....., so, you'd be 450-460,...
                For 2013, you have 18mo to lose 10-20lbs, 1lb/mo. Less beer/doughnuts, hit the treadmill, frequent sex w wife and girlfriend...you'll feel great about yourself and be competitive!....Do this for 2012.
                Worked for me, I shed 10, fr 195 to 185, and race 20SSH at 25lb over, add 15lb for CSH maximizing 302 fun.
                You can be competitive @ 20lbs over 440, but reducing mass by 5%, simple physics will allow faster rate of acceleration, and acheive top speed earlier on straight.
                CSH is your class to kick a**!
                Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Working...
                X