? Recognize this Alky ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Recognize this Alky ?

I took this shot several years ago in Norristown, PA. Can anyone tell me who it is ?
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Better Images

Hopefully this is a better image.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

The last time we raced Alky (now PRO) in Norristown was a long time ago....I am thinking like '77 or '78. It is a FA Konig on a Butts boat. No clue as to who it is. With the E letter, I am thinking some one out of the Harden or Augastine camp.

Michael D-1

Comment

Is It...........

Fred Spencer ??

MATT

Comment

looks like "E-301"

and rt 301 is a main drag through southern Maryland like Waldorf and Laplata. Possibly a driver from that neck of the woods? Of course 301 continues into Virginia also , crossing the Potomac down near Dahlgren and heading to Richmond and points south.
          carpetbagger

Comment

The Answer Is...

I forget his name, but if I recall correctly he bought the boat and engine from Larry Spencer of Roanoke, Virgina. Later my dad bought the engine.

The guy ran 25SS for a number of years also.
            Last edited by David Weaver; 11-21-2004, 03:56 PM. Reason: Made a Mistake
            David Weaver

Comment

The answer really is....

Don Liggett from Newport News, VA. He ran maybe 2 or 3 races with this boat. At this race in Norristown, he took either second or third in his first race againat a large field of boats (eliminations).
              David Weaver

Comment

E-301

This is E-301, original name 'Hell's Bells' from Larry Spencer of Roanoke, Va.
                In fact, I have reason to believe Spencer is driving in this photo, but that would have to be before 1976.

Boat was National High points champ US-2 75 or 76, It is an FA Konig, Butts Hydro, replaced an Anzani 'A Alky' on a Sid-Craft CSH rig.

Thanks for the pic. Will add to my stuff.

les, old rookie

Comment

Originally posted by les
                  This is E-301, original name 'Hell's Bells' from Larry Spencer of Roanoke, Va.
                  In fact, I have reason to believe Spencer is driving in this photo, but that would have to be before 1976.
                  I think it might be Larry Jr driving I know he drove it, but I'm not sure he raced it or not

les = Larry E Spencer Jr.?
                  Last edited by Dave_E71; 09-18-2005, 08:53 PM.
                  I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
                  The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Could not be me. APBA rule would not work for my age and 250cc Hydro.

les
                    Last edited by les; 09-20-2005, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X