Silly Season is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Season is here

Yes it is that time before the national meetings where everyone thinks the rules should be changed..What would you like to see happen??..

I personally think the rules should be frozen for 5 years so that folks can buy equipment and know it will be legal for at least that period..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Like 'em or not.....

It is unfortunate that we live in times where so many think the rules should be changed to suit them rather than accept the rules and do your best to live up to them. Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't make the rule bad. I most certainly agree that if a rule is vague or open to various interpretations then it must be altered. It is hard to have a consensus when people think different things about the "same" rule.

Comment

How about a moratorium on new rules

Seems to me we have enough rules now, so many that some seem to get overlooked, ignored, or not enforced at all. What's the point of that?

I remember one new rule a few years back about carving the date of manufacture into the transom of your boat. Wanting to be a rule-abiding newbie, I dutifully did so. To my knowledge, the date has never been looked at by an inspector.

I am not complaining, just saying....
      Tom Burwinkle
      11-K
      sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Originally posted by burl11 View Post
        Seems to me we have enough rules now, so many that some seem to get overlooked, ignored, or not enforced at all. What's the point of that?

I remember one new rule a few years back about carving the date of manufacture into the transom of your boat. Wanting to be a rule-abiding newbie, I dutifully did so. To my knowledge, the date has never been looked at by an inspector.

I am not complaining, just saying....
        Boy does this hit a nerve..We have a great group of racers but this year one person asked for an exception and it was brought up that we need to go by the rules but then it was pointed out that tons of other rules had been ignored for years and it got really ugly..

I did not even race the last race of the season..So the moral is if you have them use them but don't get carried away with to many rules and don't change them for the very few..

Comment

Sidewinders

They still need tweeking. My hope is this is what the SORC spends most of our time with in Chicago.
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Gave Up

Hey Mike,

I gave up on rules. Such a small tiny organization as APBA is, yet the rules are so complicated in some areas, and so very, very gray in others. Basically it killed the 850CCMH class around here and in other areas too. All becasue of a gray area. And they were warned of the potential problems that could happen.

So ya, I agree, some rules need tweaking, some need eliminated, and I am betting there are a couple more that are proposed.

Have fun at the meeting !!!
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
              Hey Mike,

I gave up on rules. Such a small tiny organization as APBA is, yet the rules are so complicated in some areas, and so very, very gray in others. Basically it killed the 850CCMH class around here and in other areas too. All becasue of a gray area. And they were warned of the potential problems that could happen.

So ya, I agree, some rules need tweaking, some need eliminated, and I am betting there are a couple more that are proposed.

Have fun at the meeting !!!
              Dave, Are there any changes purposed for NBRA this year? Are you going to the meeting?

Comment

Sure

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                Dave, Are there any changes purposed for NBRA this year? Are you going to the meeting?
                Yes and yes. Out meeting is in a couple weeks ion Kansas.

The nice thign is, very few engine changes are ever proposed, it is usually other things. Takes less than a day to sort it out and get to fellowship.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                  Yes and yes. Out meeting is in a couple weeks ion Kansas.

The nice thign is, very few engine changes are ever proposed, it is usually other things. Takes less than a day to sort it out and get to fellowship.
                  Then have fun and keep it simple.. Keep us all up to date when you can

Comment

APBA Rules

I think something APBA could do that would be very helpful would be to take the Rule Books for the different classes and annotate which rule is a rule and which rule is merely a recommendation. Maybe APBA could change the font or possibly italicize the rules contained in the rule book that aren’t really rules and don’t have to be followed when race committees are conducting APBA sanctioned races. That would be great for teams trying to race competitively. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X