New D Stock Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D Stock Hydro

I am lofting up plans for my new boat that will replace rig that was destroyed in kilo trials this year....hopefully I will be able to post pics from my phone on progress....Using honeycomb for the cockpit sides and bottom, Hysol will be the glue...rest of boat will be constructed using Okume and spruce. Hope it comes out ok, as this is my first time working with honeycomb. Ed Karleson, noted boat builder, has offered to help me, but his health is not real good....so I might have to go it alone. David.

Are you using the allum core honeycomb? Can you list sources for the honeycomb? Looking forward to seeing some of your pics
    Sean Byrne

Comment

new DSH..........

mine is underway also.........
      Attached Files
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        mine is underway also.........
        Those look just like the floor boards I use to work with at Boeing.. Where do you get them?
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

D boat

I am unsure at this point if I am going to use Aluminum core or Nomex core..still looking around. Darren....did you loft up plans yourself? What kind of glue are you using? Might be fun to compare notes and pics over the course of project...I have a gallon of Hysol and hardener, not sure if it's the right kind for glueing or not....may end up using West system.....

Comment

Forgot something

The only real reason I am building a new boat is that my current boat needs a whole lot of repair,which will add weight, but it is fixable. Will need a new number one frame, front part of bottom, which is currently 3 mil, new chine section on right side, and new decks, which would include re-doing the cowling, or just going with a full plastic windshield. I hate to take boat down to local race and burn it....the rest of it seems to be ok.......I put a whole lot of effort into making it fast etc. If a lighter driver wants it I will give it to him/her for free when I am done taking measurements off it. For those of you that do not know which rig I am talking about...I ran it at Wakefield this year in DSH with a Tohatsu. Let me know if somebody wants to take project on. I think it could be fixed in about 20 hours of hard work, and maybe $300-400 cash. Leave me a message here or call me at 425 246 4710. Dave
            Last edited by daveracerdsh; 10-24-2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: speling

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Those look just like the floor boards I use to work with at Boeing.. Where do you get them?

yep, Boeing......
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

boat builder I am NOT.........

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                I am unsure at this point if I am going to use Aluminum core or Nomex core..still looking around. Darren....did you loft up plans yourself? What kind of glue are you using? Might be fun to compare notes and pics over the course of project...I have a gallon of Hysol and hardener, not sure if it's the right kind for glueing or not....may end up using West system.....
                I let the "PROS" build the boats for me..............this one, of course, is a Larry Darneille built boat..................I do not have the time or patience or skill for boat buiding.............

see ya in the first turn Dave............
                Last edited by mercguy; 10-24-2011, 08:00 PM.
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

1st turn

Ha Darren.....I tried to get the inside from you at Silver Lake and you shut me down.....game on dude....game on....lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X