Kilos accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilos accident

I have been debating as to putting a post on this, but we are all a big family so here goes.....Aaron Salmon was running my DSH thru the kilos Saturday morning and blew the thing over exiting traps after first run....I am on vacation and asked him to run the rig, otherwise I would have run it myself. He at first thought he was ok, but went to hospital complaining of back pain...turns out he cracked a vertabre...he is in a hospital in Portland as I type this, not sure if he will need surgery or not. Aaron and the rest of his family are good people, so I hope everything comes out ok. The boat is a total loss, but not worried about it. Will keep everybody posted as to how he is doing....send positive thoughts (or prayers) his way...Thanx.

Our thoughts and prayers go to Aaron on a speedy recovery !

John Biagio and Family

Comment

Aaron, glad that you are ok and wishing you a speedy recovery my friend.
      Gardner Miller
      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
        Bob

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to Fish. Get well soon!

Jeff
          sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

I spoke with Fish's mom last night. Aaron will not require surgery, but will be fitted with a back brace in the next couple days and undergo a little PT before he is discharged in a couple days. The fracture is in his L2 vertebrae, and all things considered is in good shape and is one lucky guy.

He had just reeled off a 1 way pass of 86.336 in the kilo and blew over at the end of his first pass.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Whew

Oh man...I am so glad he does not need surgery.....that makes me feel a whole lot better about things. The pics that Christine Gleason took of boat exiting the traps are nothing short of amazing...if i could get them from my cell to here I would but T mobile will not let me do it. David

Comment

Does anyone have information on which hospital Aaron is at in Portland? Maybe a room number? I'd like to visit him.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                  Oh man...I am so glad he does not need surgery.....that makes me feel a whole lot better about things. The pics that Christine Gleason took of boat exiting the traps are nothing short of amazing...if i could get them from my cell to here I would but T mobile will not let me do it. David
                  you mean this one??? Heard Aaron did mess up his lower back...............get well soon bud!
                  Attached Files
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

emanuel hospital

just got home from visiting aaron. he is resting uncomfortably. carla and david are there with him and were listening in disbelief as he was telling me about saving for a new rossi 350. he says he is going to be there a few days as the doctors say his injury is not to be taken lightly. doctor said the brake was a bad one. aaron quickly handed the doctor his phone so he could admire the action shots taken by denise of the blowover.

aaron is in room 1503. really easy access from the parking garage off vancover street. coming off the freemont from the west side exit kerney street (left lane at stop) straight into the hospital.

thank god hes okay....
                    Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts. Aaron is at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland in room 1503. He would love some company. They said his back brace should be in by Tuesday, in the mean time, he is hurting, frustrated, and bored as ever lying on his back watching TV. But is still very excited that he was over record at 86+mph :-). He is looking forward to recovering and getting back in a boat... typical boat racer..
                      Please keep him in your prayers.
                      Thank you,
                      Carla Salmon, AKA Aaron's mom :-)

Comment

Thank you Bill. Thanks for dropping by to visit, you made his day. Thank you also to all our boat racing family for prayers and support. Especially thank you to Mike and Denise Johnson who are bringing our truck and the boat up and for letting us stay at their house during our stay in Portland.
                        Carla

Comment

Not a Doctor..but hearing its L2 thats fx'd..could be alot worse...slightly higher and well..lets not go there...wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery..
                          Roger A 68M
                          Team Casual

Comment

Bright spot

One bright spot in this is that Aaron was using some of my safety gear...my helmet with chest straps attached to it made by Security Race Products. Aaron feels he could have got hurt a whole lot worse if he was not wearing it.....I feel it should be made mandatory for any class that runs over 65 miles per hour...I do know that I have stuffed my D stock in a few times, and have always had the thing on, and have not had so much as a stiff neck out of the thing. Just a random thought. Oh yah, boat will be at Newburg next year....whats left of it. David

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                              you mean this one???

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X