X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats, crowds roar during Thunder on the Grand

http://www.dunnvillechronicle.com/Ar...aspx?e=3257658
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Thanks for digging that up Dan!

We had a great weekend... wining ASH, but a DNF in Thundercat... balanced out, haha.

81 entries on Saturday.

Two crashes as I recall... one in CSH I believe and a boat destroyed in the crash in BCH (Merc 20h class). Both drivers were fine.

I think we had about 12 brand new drivers at this event. 6 or so from Drags, 6 or so from circle racers.

Congrats and big thank you to all involved!
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Swimming @ Dunnville

I went for a swim when my CSH rear spun out on Crnr2. The weather was hot, the water rerfreshing, and the crowd loved the show.

TORC has worked closely all year with the local Chamber of Commerce to pull this off, to make it a win-win partnership.
      This race brought out NUMEROUS old and new boat racing enthusiasts as spectators,... 3 old boys who raced on the Grand 15-20 years ago came out to watch, were floored with the entries and the crowds, said they want to get involved again with the club(reffing), or get their kids into it at the cottage, with the goal of raci. Two newbies with boat building skills are looking for plans, to build CSH's over the winter, and looking for 302's.

The addition of Drag, T and SLT classes to the club in 2011 has been a resounding success to bring in new racers, volunteers and enthusiasm to TORC.
      We have 2 T and Drag guys acquire CSH's, and were on the water this weekend.
      One of our strongest club sponsors, Top Gun Marine owner Paul Kryskow, is usually racing 3 different categories: Drag(Allison), T boat, SO(25SSH/20SSH/CSH), and jumping in with both hands to get guys on the water. Paul also builds the fastest drag engines out on the water.

Come to Dunnville next year and have a blast!
      Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Working...
      X