No announcement yet.

KONIG identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guy's for such excellent information, You guys are a wealth of knowledge!!

I had to leave the motor up north as I had no room to bring it home, As soon as I get it back here I will re-verify the serial numbers, bore & carb sizes.

Thanks for posting the brochure Sam, Thats excellent. I could not find it.!

If you look at the third picture of my motor, You can see a shaft sticking out on the upper half of the mid section (exhaust side). This shaft has a "square drive" and accomodations for a nut. I have no clue as to what this is?

Thanks for all your help!!
    Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by paulhewg; 08-12-2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhewg View Post
      Thanks guy's for such excellent information, You guys are a wealth of knowledge!!

I had to leave the motor up north as I had no room to bring it home, As soon as I get it back here I will re-verify the serial numbers, bore & carb sizes.

Thanks for posting the brochure Sam, Thats excellent. I could not find it.!

If you look at the third picture of my motor, You can see a shaft sticking out on the upper half of the mid section (exhaust side). This shaft has a "square drive" and accomodations for a nut. I have no clue as to what this is?

Thanks for all your help!!
      Cheers
      Paul
      That looks like a spare propshaft, the hole it is in is for the steering bar

Comment

Hi Steve, Thanks for that info! I would never have thought that! I do have a close up picture of it, Please see below
        Thanks Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

just got it back from the cottage and yes! I misinterpreted the serial number, Its actually a 1956. The serial number is RHD56614, I spent a bit of time on it this morning and got the magneto working, It has the stock bore and pistons, carb size is 1.060, It looks like its in excellent condition, never restored or polished. I shot a little spay in it and it kicked !!
          I believe this motor would be better in the hands of a collector or someone will actually use it at an event. Please PM me if interested. I will list it on this website later on.
          Thank you for all the help and replies on this motor!
          Cheers
          Paul

Comment

I have 4 pages of Konig specs. from the May, 1956 Speed and Spray.
            And 3 1/2 pages of acutal specs. for the Konig "A" racing motor. Not dated,
            but has to be from the early, early 60's.
            It could be yours..
            Send pm.

Comment

Working...
            X