Breaking news from APBA HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news from APBA HQ

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/51EvKKVSr6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

You can read my comments on HRTV Facebook
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

This should be forever known as "the dead fish video"

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
        This should be forever known as "the dead fish video"
        huh??

Comment

$$$$$$$$

For $$ 450,000.00 a tie would be nice. Sounds like they are going to create HydroRacer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
            For $$ 450,000.00 a tie would be nice. Sounds like they are going to create HydroRacer.
            You got it Jack, funny at best. They are paying Crown Partners to create a message board for boat racers. Check out the conversation and chatter over at HRTV if you get a chance. This is sure to be a hot topic across all the sites in the coming days.
            HTML Code:

Comment

Dead fish refers to an audience response that is underwhelmed ie, the facial expression of a row of dead fish ... eyes wide open and unfocused, mouths open without expression

If you found this video upbeat and exciting ...
              Last edited by sam; 07-25-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Online Propeller

I don't care how much it costs to print off a monthly version of the Propeller magazine that "only gets distributed to other racers". In the winter, I understand that the magazine gets a bit sparse as well.

Yes, APBA needs to utilize technology and evolve. But not everyone uses the internet, or visits APBA-Racing.com. Sure, have Crown promote the site, but it is not the same as having physical literature sitting on your kitchen table everyday.

I cannot tell you how many people that I know have seen, thumbed through, and read the Propeller magazine, who are NOT boat racers, and never have been. These are people that are not going to jump on the computer and check out APBA-racing.com on their lunch break. They will sit in the break room at work and look at the color pictures, nose through the articles, and check out the schedule to see when they can come check out a race near them.

Let alone the fact that my membership fees are rising and something else is being taken away from me, I do not see how cutting distribution of what is essentially "racing promotion" will help gain members.

Sincerely,
                Elek Hutchinson
                Elek Hutchinson
                36M

Comment

epic failure............

PS: sorry, but reading and viewing Propeller "online" is not the same as having a magazine you can share with friends, family, co-workers, etc.............plus it gives members "gratification" having being recognized in the magazine.........

take away more things and charge more???? Hell of a business decision!!!! Todays economy is doing just the opposite to survive.............give MORE charge LESS!!!

the way I see it, the only people benefiting from this is Crown Partners!!

PSS: I am willing to bet that the membership numbers will again decline next year! Boot all the BOD members(and president), hire and PAY a group to run APBA as a business............
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Wow, looks like a Jr. High video to me! Wonder what quality we can expect from this project.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                      epic failure............

PS: sorry, but reading and viewing Propeller "online" is not the same as having a magazine you can share with friends, family, co-workers, etc.............plus it gives members "gratification" having being recognized in the magazine.........

take away more things and charge more???? Hell of a business decision!!!! Todays economy is doing just the opposite to survive.............give MORE charge LESS!!!

the way I see it, the only people benefiting from this is Crown Partners!!

PSS: I am willing to bet that the membership numbers will again decline next year! Boot all the BOD members(and president), hire and PAY a group to run APBA as a business............

Hey Daren,

CEO Crown Partners: Richard Hearn

http://ceo.crownpartners.com/

http://www.crownpartners.com/blogs.html
                      HTML Code:

Comment

Good catch, Dan!

Kinda reminds of the good ol' boy politics here in downeast NC.
                        carpetbagger

Comment

What techies fail to realize is one fundemental flaw in interent...They assume the majority of in quiries comes from there...
                          Fact is, in my own business, with our site optimized for 20 words, in 15 coastal towns, in the past 3 years we recieved 2 calls for work of the hundreds we get. Internet is far from a silver bullet for advertising draw, yet this is treated as such. Using the words of the video, in the "walk phase" they best learn how to sprint for a mile or so, because BRF, and Hydroracer have bene at the cutting edge of what they just launched for many years now.

If I had a dime for every time I get a call from someone who is going to give me 30&#37; more business exposure by optimizing the internet, I ask them the cost...So, my counter offer is simple....They give me 30% as they say, I will pay double at the end of the eyar...If they fall one percent short, I get their service free....Got any idea how many of them take me up on my offer?
                          Bill Schwab
                          Miss KTDoodle #62C
                          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

I am with daren, APBA should be run as a business. costs are killing our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy112j View Post
                              I am with daren, APBA should be run as a business. costs are killing our sport.
                              That is part of the final evolution of the Crown Partners plan

Comment

Working...
                              X