Please be careful, you never know who is listening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be careful, you never know who is listening

Just spent a great weekend in Trenton Michigan helping my father run the stock classics in Trenton's Roar on the river. However, a dark cloud was cast on the weekend this afternoon by a SSt driver who was upset at the docks. while holding my father's boat, my 10 year old witnessed something that would appall all of us. A driver was upset at how long it was taking other boats coming in and out of the launch ramp, and decided to let his frustration be known to all by screaming a stream of vulgarity, that i think is still hanging over lake erie tonight. The problem that arises is that my son was 50 feet away, and witnessed it first hand with the driver starring right past him. He is thinking of becoming a J driver next year, but now wants to know if all drivers get this upset when things are not just right. Thankfully he has witnessed enough good will between drivers, but this incident has caused him to think twice. He also wanted to meet his boat when it was pulled, because he was impressed with how it ran and the colors of the boat!

As we are all working on growing new members, please remember, even when things don't go your way, and it's 110 degrees in the shade, that such attitude and behavior in 30 to 45 seconds can cause damage to work that is done in 2 years.

I'm not on a moral band wagon here, as my kids are exposed to occasional slips of the tongue, but this was just un-called for. So remember, you never know who was listening and think twice before letting it fly!
    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Well Said

Good job Mike, This is just a reminder to all you racers that get impatiant. We are not making much or any money doing this so remember its all about having fun and teamwork and getting others involved so it can be a part of the future. It is better to be part of the solution than the problem.

Comment

I'm far from the morality police, but believe that was well stated. Not only does it cast a weird and ugly pall over the events - it also is a reflection of yourself. The casual fan and other drivers/crew will only think of one thing now when they see that boat/driver....

David

Comment

Working...
      X