44XS Electric Starter Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44XS Electric Starter Help Please

Just looking for the basic wiring on the motor end for the starter.....Pics would be helpful....I am installing the starter to make sure I make weight at Top "O"......

Gootz

Ring gear

Hey Gootz, you wanna buy that ring gear back from me? I got rid of the electric start to save weight. Wiring was pretty basic and used a standard OEM selenoid and push button switch on the dash. Look at it long enough and you'll figure it out.

Joe

Comment

easy..........

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post
      Just looking for the basic wiring on the motor end for the starter.....Pics would be helpful....I am installing the starter to make sure I make weight at Top "O"......

Gootz

at the solenoid, cable from battery positive goes to one of the big terminals, the other big terminal run a large gauge wire to the starter ..............the two smaller posts connect a small ground wire to one of them to a ground on the engine, the other small post connect one lead from your push button switch and the other lead from your push button switch to the hot side (where you connected the battery positive cable) of the starter solenoid. Connect the ground cable from your battery to the 1/4-20 threaded hole on the starter.........or you can connect it to one of the mounting bolts of the bottom starter mount bracket......but, you would need to make sure the starter has a ground contact between it and the engine block, as the starter has the rubber cushion grommets on the top and bottom where it is mounted and does not allow a proper ground for the starter.....
      Last edited by mercguy; 07-23-2011, 05:29 AM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post

Gootz
        Just grab a hammer some duct tape .......ohhh and thats right some JD and things should start to come back to you......Oh And now you dont want to remember the sault.

Comment

yeah what he said....

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          at the solenoid, cable from battery postive goes to one of the big terminals, the other big terminal run a large gauge wire to the starter ..............the two smaller posts connect a small ground wire to one of them to a ground on the engine, the other small post connect one lead from your push buttom switch and the other lead from your push button switch to the hot side (where you connected the battery positive cable) of the starter solenoid. Connect the ground cable from your battery to the 1/4-20 threaded hole on the starter.........or you can connect it to one of the mounting bolts of the bottom starter mount bracket......but, you would need to make sure the starter has a ground contact between it and the engine block, as the starter has the rubber cushion grommets on the top and bottom where it is mounted and does not allow a proper ground for the starter.....

been working out gootz? good luck at the top-o bro....
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Replys

Joe: I have all the stuff and thank you for the offer I will keep that in mind in case I need it in the future.

Daren: Makes sense...Thank you!

Matt: You mean back in 92 and 93???....in the Laddallac??...LOL!!!

Bill: Yes I have (12 oz. at a time) and thank you for the support!!

Thanks guys!!

Gootz
            Last edited by Gootz 142M; 07-23-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X