Kaukana ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaukana ?

I heard a Rumor that the Marina Bar in Kaukana is sold. NO more testing? say it aint true. the stories that place could tell ( not fit to print here ).
    Steve

From Bill mouth, sold the palce for 3 million +.

Looks like our test site is gone.

Donny got broken in last year there. The stories we could tell.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Say bye bye

Yep, it's gone and Bill's a millionaire. It will all be developed. It's too bad. A lot of memories and lost parts still sit in that water.
      Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

Sad sad sad

I was just thinkin how a couple of years ago Craig and I got run off of where we test here for a special Duck hunting season. So we load back up and headed to Kaukana,for the weekend. That was the weeekend they had the corn feed. Sure going to miss the wholesome goodness of Bills Marina Bar. A place where family values and high moral standards were the order of the day. I wonder if Bill took down all the pictures. I think there was one of Griz Engler up there.
        77G

Comment

Oh man the Marina Bar... I got my first experience a couple years ago after a long day of testing. I probably cant tell the whole story due to explicit content, but ill just say one of the bar maids introduced herself to the whole bar. My uncle tom being the gentleman he is gave her great reviews, but I was ready to puke after the scene. What a place. Too bad I'll never have the opportunities all you guys had.

Comment

Kaukauna

The Marina Bar what can one say? This fine establishment always brought out Kaukauna's finests. Sometimes you felt like you were only 5 minutes form hickville. The water was good and Bill always enjoyed having the boats down there. Just imagine that land being developed and the beautiful view of the paper mill.

J.P.
            (Former hometown: Kaukauna)

Comment

I grew up in DePere which was only 15 miles or so from Kaukauna. Once we were old enough to drive, a bunch of us forgot the high school dances in DePere, driving to those at Kaukauna or nearby Freedom. I suspect that the girls we found there back then are probably the same ones frequenting the Marina Bar. And their daughters as well.

Yes, the testing was great and we raced there many times, too. I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a ride on Bill's trike this summer. For those who missed it, its a big three wheel motorcycle trike. Only instead of a puny little Harley motor or one of the slightly bigger but still undersized clones, Bill's has an aluminum big-block 502 Chevy. Bill has never been a guy for underkill so he added nitrous besides. Ah, the smokeing tires only went with his fireworks!

Comment

Not so fast

I just heard another rumor that the place has not met it's demise yet. It is for sale, however. 15 acres, house, and bar for $2.7 million. Anybody wanna spare me some cash? I'll save the testing site and we'll be racing there this summer. Parties will be bigger, better, and include more aesthetically pleasing clientele. Giddy up.
                Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

So the 3.+M fell through?? Bill does tend to stretch the truth once in awhile.

Kaukauna does have some APBA Historical significance, Team Mercury records being set as well as other records. It was the place where I performed my first blowover in a Hawk built Hal Kelly Buzzard ASH. That boat was a slug, but it can get brezzy there.

A place where the future Bill Schmit's wife could be heard telling Tom K. "HEY YOUR F***King PIZZA IS READY". Communication is key at the finer watering holes.

Or the time Dick Engler comes flying on the dance floor, "I just saved Bills life, he was puking in the crapper and passed out". It is important to keep the owner alive for future activities. Nice save Dick! He can still hear US you know!!

Or even last year, when the kids and I went testing for the first time, as we are rounding the bend still on the asphalt just before you get to the gravel road to the test spot, both said "Whats that smell??" and I said "Kaukauna", "Thats what Kaukauna smells like". The wind was out of the right spot so could smell the paper mill, PRICELESS!

I think a bid to the APBA Historical Society is order if its truely available! What say thee Region 7&8's members?

Warbs
                  64*W

Comment

I'm In

I'm in for everything left after I paid my 4th quarter taxes
                    I got about $ 3.50 left. I hope it snows (der hey)
                    Steve

I'd vote Gibby caretaker. but leave the clientel alone. That place is better than any reality TV show.

Comment

Hay new news on this,

Is Bill still living in a bottle?

Oh the memories I have from that place, and Bill and his houses.

What a young kid learned about life by sleeping on his sofa.

I have been thinking of finding a way to get back there for the new business, just so I can see some of the old stomping grounds.

and yes Steve he can hear us.
                      Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

Working...
                      X