Vrp wins again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrp wins again!

I Just hear from Carlo, That VRP wins The World Championship in 0250 with Rene Benke Driving VRP Power for the Demler Racing team. Con gratulations to Rene as he is the first to win 3 World Championships in one season in the O classes all with VRP Power

250 World Championship

Congratulations to Rene Benke on his win in O-250 Hydro. Also I would like to congratulate the next 4 places at the World Championships, driving GRM powered 250 hydros.
    2nd place, Churi, GRM
    3rd place, Coddling, GRM
    4rth place, Sodderstadt, GRM
    5th place, Marsalla, GRM

Comment

And the winning gearbox was???

Anyone know?

Comment

I heard he blew the gears out of two of his VRP units and had to borrow a Rossi unit to be able to run the second day.

Comment

Hi Doug i don’t understand if you are a sport man or a politic man.
          Your is a good pathetic tentative to transform a loser in a winner.
          Yes, VRP had problem with Gearbox in the race of Finland but because the material was of two season ago. This season the company than product gear for my company is going out of the business and this take off to me the possibility to make new material, Giuseppe know this because i ask also to him to produce gear for my company. Now i have a new company but works beginning from September.
          To answer at your letter i can say than of the two gearbox broken only one was VRP ,the other was a GRM unit,
          when is older also GRM broken.
          But why you don't say than your engine works with inside VRP technology, the crankshaft is a copy of my and many year ago when Giuseppe was in difficult with 500 i help with crankshaft.
          My idea is always to look to make better than my concurrent, not destroy his works.
          Also I want remember to you than this is the 3th consecutive year than VRP win the O250 WC and are 3 years than VRP win all the race of EC.
          This year VRP win the O175 WC , win the O350 WC, win the O700 WC and is at the top of the F500 .
          Also I have to make my compliment at Giuseppe for the right work in O125 than in this moment is faster than VRP.
          Doug we are all adult and not need your fable.

With Regards
          Carlo Verona – VRP ENGINEERING

Comment

I think that to be correct on information is very important: my hat down for the very good VRP result in the last 4/5 years but in my GRM 500 and 700 there is a cpy of "KING KONIG" crankshaft, and in VRP engine there is a copy of YAMATO 500 crank...I try to built it but too much difficult for me.
            Keep up the sport Giuseppe
            GRM Rossi Giuseppe

Comment

GRM motors and lower units

I can attest to the Konig design of the GRM crankshaft as that is what we are running in all of our 500, and 700 motors, as well as the 250 and 350 2 cylinder motors. The current GRM lower units are running 2 years or more without gear failures if the oil is changed frequently. GRM motors won multiple championships at this years APBA National Championships in Depue Ill. 125H, 250H, 350H, 350R, 700H, 1100H, and 1100R.
              Rex Hall

Comment

The ability to endure..

Once again, I want to emphasize the greatness of this website. Being able to read these articulate posts is far better than reading any magazine article written by some knowledgable(??) journalist or 'authority' on the sport. I have the greatest respect for the likes of GRM, VRP, Konig, Yamato, Mercury Racing, and let's not forget Sid Bass & Craig Dewald.. purveyors of quality and durability.
                Alex
                the Mad Russian 12A

Comment

Our Good Fortune

As a PRO driver, I consider it our good fortune to have multiple options for competitive engines. Both VRP and GRM are producing race ready engines that compete right out of the box. I appreciate the sportsmanship shared by Carlos and Giuseppe. They are not bickering over trifling matters and obviously come together time to time to advance the sport.

At the races, I see a willingness of competitors to help one another no matter what brand engine is on the back of the other guy's boat. This what makes our racing special. We want to see races won on the water, by the best guy/gal that day. Sportsmanship is as important off the water, as at the races.

Cheers to GRM. Cheers to VRP. From a VRP racer using GRM gear cases.
                  David Weaver

Comment

I could not have said it better David, we are all working to be the best at what we do and helping others and sharing knowledge has made this sport what it is today.
                    Rex Hall, GRM

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                      Once again, I want to emphasize the greatness of this website. Being able to read these articulate posts is far better than reading any magazine article written by some knowledgable(??) journalist or 'authority' on the sport. I have the greatest respect for the likes of GRM, VRP, Konig, Yamato, Mercury Racing, and let's not forget Sid Bass & Craig Dewald.. purveyors of quality and durability.
                      Alex
                      the Mad Russian 12A
                      Ya forgot Konny both Ist,and 2nd in the crowd pleasing 500 runnabout.
                      Also Konny 2nd in 500 Hydro and 1100 hydro. Not bad considering they only make 500 and 700 engines

Comment

And just to throw another one in for the crowd, how about the 1981 Konig that finished
                        2nd in the 700 hydro class and 3rd in the 1100 hydro class! Got to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by froggy3racer View Post
                          And just to throw another one in for the crowd, how about the 1981 Konig that finished
                          2nd in the 700 hydro class and 3rd in the 1100 hydro class! Got to love it.
                          Yep sure do

Comment

Thanks guiseppe

I recently I tried to buy a new engine. Having emailed Carlo via facebook and the demmler team who are the only agents for vrp neither bother to contact me? However guiseppe did and the new engine will be available soon. Supply is an issue in this sport. In the uk we have a fairly short season so waiting a few months for spares or an engine means you have lost the whole season. I think both engines are equally as good. I hear many times that there is no profit to be made in the manufacture of these engines, however an empty shop never made any money!

Please both keep making these fantastic engines but sort out the supply chain to keep us lesser mortals on the water as well as those competing on the world stage.
                            Last edited by Pauly1; 08-04-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X