Rockaway Big Success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockaway Big Success!!!

THANKS to ODA, Rockaway Beach, Mo., the Renewable Fuels Association, the Water Patrol, and EVERYONE who showed up for the Rockaway Beach Shortcourse Nationals June 4-5.

A great day of testing on Friday, two good race days with NO APPRECIABLE WIND, only minor bits of plywood repair (and a little iron in the lake), no injuries and a lot of fun!! It was so impressive to see trailers lined up on both sides of the pits, and the number of folks who entered. 2011 is off to a great start for NBRA.

A special thanks to Keith and Adriana Kampen for their leadership in herding all this through and for the ODA folks who put on a fine show. Folks who attended shared in $3,600 tow money ... not bad in times of $3.80 diesel!!! Thanks ODA and RFA for your support.

The city of Rockaway Beach is showing signs of a renaissance and the officials took much of their time to help in the turn boats and just "be part" of the pit action. THANKS!!

A big special thanks to all the NBRA's who pitched in Friday night to "reskin" Mike Kirkendoll's Y-77 runabout. Mike is a brand new driver from southern Illinois and came out on the losing end of a "roller" during testing Friday. By Saturday morning he was back in the cockpit, seaworthy, and placing in his class during the Nats!!! Congrats Mike and thanks again to all who made him feel like family.

I'll be sending photos I took to Doug and Roy asap. I know there were others taken and I'm sure they'll be available asap too.

Glad to be president of NBRA

Dan

O-66
    Attached Files

Pictures

Way to go mr Editor . Good article . Now comes Garnett . Get Ready .
    Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

wow sry i missed it !!
      all these money races and lots of participation and me with a slow healing arm injured from a car wreck and healing slowly from surgery. hopefully it will be all better with another month of rehab

great job on securing the sponsor Vernon

any 1 have results from Rockaway ?
      Last edited by RandY Aveline; 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM. Reason: adding post
      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Any idea how many total boats were at the race? How many classes?

I'm trying to keep stats for all the Stock/Mod races this year.

Thx.

Comment

Danna, I jotted down the entry line up on Sat and Sunday and it is as follows:

Sat. Novice (5),ER(6), CMH(6) DH(9), CSH(6), SEH(6),EH(9), 25MH(5), DR(5),
          AH(5). So thats 10 classes and 62 entries.

Sunday, Novice(Didn't write down) AH(4), DR(5), 25MH(5), EH(7), SEH(4), CSH(6), DH(8), CMH(7), ER(4) for 10 classes and 50 entries plus a couple novice. Jack

The total entries have been changed to reflect O-35's comments
          Last edited by Jack Stotts; 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Classes

Dana,

For your reference, EH is the same as APBA 750CCMH and same for ER.

DH is the 40CI merc class that runs the Tohatsu, and the Merc44XS and the class namesake, the 40 CI Merc with megaphones.

You might want to pick up a class list so you can compare the right engines, etc. In NBRA stock and Mod are combined in some cases, and in others they are seperate.

Just an FYI in case your class counts are important.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

We had five entries for A hydro on Sat., three signed up, but I got two more later...

Comment

Working...
              X