The trip to Wells NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trip to Wells NY

Was worth it! Could have stood a few more boats, but those that did show made for a real good time. The few staunch members of SORA did an outstanding job. The course was in a perfect spot, you could actually see the clock and so could the spectators. And in the little town of Wells (neat as a pin) signs saying "cash only" was the rule... indicating to me that the mob was probably quietly in control which probably made all the hoodlums (jussst joking fer crissakes) from NY, LI, and NJ feel right at home.... And Saturday nite, judging by the noise at the Lakeside bar & Grill and in the parking lot of the Algonquin Motel... everybody was feeling quite good!! The scenery was good as well, at the race site and at the Grill. I hope Sam the barkeep, her younger sister, and the britney speers look-a-like are around next year. Don't you Doug?? Yeah... I'm looking forward to Wells in 2012.
    Alex

Wells

As a spectator and former racer, the site, the race and everything was great. i enjoyed seeing friends, Marcus and Fran Johnson. Sorry Fran dumped that nice 55H.

Comment

I challenge anyone to find a more picturesque site and racer friendly Community than Wells, New York. Hats off to the Schenectady Outboard Racing Association for getting this site back on the schedule. Shame on the Northeast Division drivers that missed this event, your loss. Perfect course layout and conditions, reasonable entry fees, nice awards and only a tank of fuel from New Hampshire.

Paul at the Algonquin said that he will reserve the Motel exclusively for racers next year.

Congratulations to AJ Jennings on qualifying his 20SSH and CSH for Wakefield.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TPLACE31; 06-06-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Thank You Wells ny

The race in wells was awesome. What a beautiful site, I hope to be invited again next year. Thanks so much for all the hard work. Any more pics?

Comment

hmmm...

I have a feeling that guy in the red pickup (1st picture) might be stealing something or someone! I hope the town of Wells kept an eye on him.
          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

A Great Race at Well NY

This race and the one at Standish are a great start to the season.
            I will be back next year. There are photos on the SSOA web site.
            Regards Michael Rorke

Comment

Anyone remember how many entries there were per day?
              Trying to keep track.
              Any help is appreciated.
              Thanks
              Brian 10s

Comment

Wells entries

....if my foggy memory serves me correctly, there were 67 entries announced on Saturday. This site has great potential. On Saturday the wind gusts were keeping the flags straight out...easily over 20mph,but it was across the lake and racing conditions were very good. It seems the lake is oriented just right.

For future races with a good turn-out, accomodations could be an issue. The local 11 room motel ,( fun but very humble), fills up quick. Speculator is 13 miles up the road and would have to do as a place to stay.
                Hunter

Comment

Working...
                X