D Runabout Ralph Cook
    E Runabout Keith Kampen
    Keith Kampen

way to go Keith

Congrats to you, new boat???

Ray

Comment

E Runabout

This is the second year for this runabout. It is a Luce design built by Kelly Kidwell. Thanks for the congrats.
      Keith Kampen

Comment

Rockaway Big Success!!!

THANKS to ODA, Rockaway Beach, Mo., the Renewable Fuels Association, the Water Patrol, and EVERYONE who showed up for the Rockaway Beach Shortcourse Nationals June 4-5.

A great day of testing on Friday, two good race days with NO APPRECIABLE WIND, only minor bits of plywood repair (and a little iron in the lake), no injuries and a lot of fun!! It was so impressive to see trailers lined up on both sides of the pits, and the number of folks who entered. 2011 is off to a great start for NBRA.

A special thanks to Keith and Adriana Kampen for their leadership in herding all this through and for the ODA folks who put on a fine show. Folks who attended shared in $3,600 tow money ... not bad in times of $3.80 diesel!!! Thanks ODA and RFA for your support.

The city of Rockaway Beach is showing signs of a renaissance and the officials took much of their time to help in the turn boats and just "be part" of the pit action. THANKS!!

A big special thanks to all the NBRA's who pitched in Friday night to "reskin" Mike Kirkendoll's Y-77 runabout. Mike is a brand new driver from southern Illinois and came out on the losing end of a "roller" during testing Friday. By Saturday morning he was back in the cockpit, seaworthy, and placing in his class during the Nats!!! Congrats Mike and thanks again to all who made him feel like family.

I'll be sending photos I took to Doug and Roy asap. I know there were others taken and I'm sure they'll be available asap too.

Glad to be president of NBRA

Dan

O-66

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
          Here are the winners of Saturdays Short Course Nationals

Novice Tara Cook
          25Mod Hydro Vernon Barfield
          AH Braxton Miller
          CMod Hydro Mark Daspit
          CStock Hydro Matt Johnson
          D Hydro Richard Baze
          E Hydro Kevin McAfee
          SE Hydro Ralph Cook
          D Runabout Ralph Cook
          E Runabout Keith Kampen
          Congrats Mark Daspit!. Way to be representin' the great state of Texas!
          "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Rockaway

Used mid grade Ethanol in our Tohatsu & our 44 E merc mod. No running problems,could not detect any performance gains due to the ethanol. We did compare both types of gas onthe Fri. test day. We really could not tell the difference.
            Art K

Comment

Congradulation to the Cook family who won three titles.

Comment

Richard Blaze came in after the first heat of D hydro and the boat sank, because of a hole in the chime. He told his crew, go get my back up, which was a Tahoutsu ready to pull the string on, he was ready in one minute... unbelieveable... Wins the race....

Comment

Dsh

I run DSH in apba.....any pics of that class running in recent event? Thanx

Comment

Really bummed to not have been able to make it. But you guys will see me in KS!!! Congrats to everyone on a successful event!
                    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Huge thanks

This was my first visit to Rockaway Beach, and it won't be my last. What a great place to race. The cabins were in the pits, you had a very very short trip to your tralier. Nice boat ramp, bathrooms right there, food for sale, what more can a person need at the race ? That's for another thread.. hehehe.

I have to say, the course was challenging, just the way a real racer likes it.

One of my highlights of the weekend was getting Dad back into the SEH. He drove like he did 40 years ago. I don't think he lost much skill. He ended up winning 3 out of 4 heats. Steering was a little tight the first heat. Once corrected he went on and showed the boys the way around. I know he is looking forward to Garnett to show off his rear end to all.

For me, well luck simply didn't shine on me as much as the sun did.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who attended the race, I had a real good time. The tow money was fantastic, and the friendships are for forever. It was awseome to see new racers coming on board to race boats. I seen a few new faces, so the future is looking real good. What a great race site and people. What a great weekend.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                      X