Darneille 350 Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
    Yeah we were just talking about that a few days ago.

Some refs do. Kyle Lewis does it all the time. However, it wouldn't be on the helmet anyways. The paint job is way to nice.

It's mostly a Rick Sanstrom rule. Not an APBA/SOA rule. He doesn't allow them when he referee's because he feels they are a safety hazard. If you blow over or crash and the camera catches the water first it could possibly pull your head in an odd direction. This could cause a break, etc.

To be honest I completely agree with him. You can place your camera anywhere else on the boat and the view is still good. Without potentially harming yourself. I personally don't even like the camera view because of how much movement there is.

Sorry. back to topic. Someone buy this BOAT!
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

UHH What Worlds???

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
      If you give up you lose. Losers don't win. Winners Win. There are NO losers involved in this project!

Only a few have made them work. Many have tried. I'm sure it will get even better with time. Since that prop is new and seemed to like that boat so well, I'm thinking maybe we save it for the worlds? Whadya think Larry?
      The last World cup UIM was 2 weeks ago and that is the last one ever as UIM has done away with World Championships in 0175 0350 and 0700. Don't mean to we we on your parade but thought you should know Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve77t View Post
        The last World cup UIM was 2 weeks ago and that is the last one ever as UIM has done away with World Championships in 0175 0350 and 0700. Don't mean to we we on your parade but thought you should know Steve
        Well that sucks, I must have missed that memo. Anyway, thanks for correcting me on that. I'll call you later I gots a question for you
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
          It's mostly a Rick Sanstrom rule. Not an APBA/SOA rule. He doesn't allow them when he referee's because he feels they are a safety hazard. If you blow over or crash and the camera catches the water first it could possibly pull your head in an odd direction. This could cause a break, etc.

To be honest I completely agree with him. You can place your camera anywhere else on the boat and the view is still good. Without potentially harming yourself. I personally don't even like the camera view because of how much movement there is.

Sorry. back to topic. Someone buy this BOAT!

kyle, you've shed a different light on this for me. i've never looked at it that way, you will see me find a different location for the camera, at our next race. im getting too old to have injuries, that could have been avoided. kevin

Comment

Forget the repairs on my dsh I want one of those!!!

Comment

that s is 1 awesome looking hydro for sure

may not be true but as a boy growing up at the races i remember a Goer hydro he only made 2 of them in early 1960,s and my old man ran err tested both. this rig all tho a lay down reminds me of the goer cabover well kinda

regards
              Randy
              Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Congratulations Lee,Larry and Mike....That boat is sweet!
                93-C

Comment

Nice Looking

Nice looking boat. Sounds like it runs as good as it looks.

I love to see prototypes from the builders. It is helps the sport grow. Without this kind of development the sport goes nowhere fast. Something to think about when someone sees a newer looking boat not performing up to snuff. You never know unless you try it. I have seen a lot of stuff that would not work in theory perfrom on the race course. And vica versa. Bottom line, know the facts before voicing opinions. I know a few folks don't build anymore becasue so many people berate them becasue they know it all.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                  X