Only in idaho......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in idaho......

will a moose swim up in the middle of the race course!!
    Attached Files

Deer

A few years back at Cullaby lake a few people spotted what they thought was a tree with branches in the water.....but it was moving. Turns out a deer had entered the lake and was swimming across the lake. This also happened at Lake Lytle a few miles down the coast. About 15 years ago I was running DSH at Cullaby....and a small bird flew down and I wacked it with my helmet....dang near knocked me out.....but I managed to make it back to the pits. I told people what happened...and they were like...yah right....then Bill Diamond reached behind my gas tank and pulled the squashed bird out...and said..."would this be the bird" Lol.......

Comment

That's awesome!
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Oh here we go....

PETA is going to be rallying at our race sites now....
        Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
        sigpic

Comment

Well.... I've seen:

Ducks at Lambertville; ospreys at Sharptown, Gators at Lakeland, bass leaping in the air at Hinton, water moccasins at Camden, jellyfish at Portsmouth (yes, a long time ago) and heck, I even witnessed a blimp crash in the water at Valleyfield!! But never a moose! Too cool.

Chris Johnson
          111-Z

Comment

...and the carp at Depue!!!
            28-R

Comment

How about the Mud Hens at Lodi lake?
              bill b

Comment

Ducks

Here is another one for you....the first year I ran my 44XS...1989 I think....we were running on Capitol Lake in Olympia.....there was a full field of D stocks, and right when I crossed the start finish line going full throttle a bunch of dumb ducks landed maybe 20 feet in front of me....I was like oh **** this is gonna hurt..and sure enough I plowed into 2 of them. One got killed instantly, while the other one got cut in half and was sorta flopping around in circles in the water. Of course it was right in front of a ton of spectators...and I had to wade out in the water and out the thing in a garbage bag....man..there were some spectators upset with me.......

Comment

Cats

What about a Cat going for a ride in CSR, doesn't anyone remember this????
                  Spencer Love, Cullaby Lake divisionals.........still LMAO.

Comment

Cat

Yah....that was most likely the funniest thing I have ever seen....I think the cat got into the boat as Spencer's place in California....rode all the way to Oregon in boat....and Spencer did not know it was there until he was out in boat during heat....

Comment

Yep

Remember the cat, that was a fast csr in the first heat.

Comment

Well....We weren't racing, but on the Spokane river I nearly ran over a Muley in my Bass boat when a dozen or so decided to swim across. From a distance I thought they were some geese.

I say to Mike, "Check this out I'm gonna buzz 'em."

When we got closer Mike says, "Holy Crap! Those geese have antlers!".
                        Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                          Here is another one for you....the first year I ran my 44XS...1989 I think....we were running on Capitol Lake in Olympia.....there was a full field of D stocks, and right when I crossed the start finish line going full throttle a bunch of dumb ducks landed maybe 20 feet in front of me....I was like oh **** this is gonna hurt..and sure enough I plowed into 2 of them. :
                          Dont forget the sturgeon you hit while testing here in Richland!
                          Steve
                          106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Carp at Moses Lake as well!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
                            X