Pat Augustine took a tumble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Augustine took a tumble...

Hey, Julie here, just wanted to let the boat race community that Mom (Pat, aka Checkbook), not to be outdone by the boys crashing their boats, fell down the stairs Monday am and banged herself up pretty badly (broken collar bone, broken ribs, bruises, concussion), but she is doing well. Fortunately Dad was there and he called 911 right away and she's been getting the best care. She's at the Prince George's Hospital Center in Hyattsville, MD in the Critical Care Unit so that they can keep an eye on her, but she's doing well and after talking to Dad this morning the doctors think that they'll be moving her to a regular room today, so good news. She may be getting out by the end of the week.

It'll be a long haul but as we all know Mom is one of the strongest people out there and she'll be back in no time, but if you can keep her in your thoughts and prayers for speedy healing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the healing vibes!!

Julie (the non-racing Augustine)

Our Prayers are with your family

Real sorry to hear about her tumble. I know from my wife's broken pelvis and ribs, etc last fall that prayers do help. She said the worst part were the ribs, expect about 4 months to heal.
    Best Wishes for a speedy recovery
    David

Comment

Julie,
      Thank you for the update. That is great news that she is doing better and is going to be moved from ICU to a regular room today. Everyone was more than a little worried. This weekend will not be that same without the whole clan being together but Mom A is doing better and that is the best news of the week!

Get well soon Mom A - We will miss you this weekend and hope for a speedy recovery.
      Last edited by Brian10s; 05-25-2011, 07:47 AM.
      Brian 10s

Comment

Get Better Soon

So Sorry to hear of your tumble Pat, make sure that Dave is taking extra care of you. You deserve it. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ray

Comment

get well soon pat

pat,

hope you will be back on your feet in no time. do what the doctors say and let dave take care of you. hmmm does he know how to cook? may want to do carry out that delivers. see you at loch haven in .

you are in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

frank

Comment

Pat's Tumble

WOW!

Get well and we'll see you at the races.

Bruce and Shirley

Comment

Dearest Pat, Take care and have a speedy recovery. If you need someone to hit grumpy Dave while you are on the mend, I'd be happy to oblige.

gentle hug,

Craig
              broccoli

Comment

Glad to hear your ok Pat! Get well soon!

Comment

Get well soon Pat, I was thinking about you guys the other day and had plan on stopping by soon to visit.
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Pat,

All my bestest wishes to you to recover as quickly
                    & completely as possible. It was great seeing you again at Tabor City!!

Chris Johnson
                    111-Z

Comment

I am praying!

Mrs. Augustine,
                      I hope you get better soon and you are in my prayers. Thank God Mr. Augustine was right there. I can't wait to see you guys again!
                      Love, Amy F132

P.S. Mom, Dad and Joe are also praying for a fast recovery and feel terrible that you are hurting.
                      Amy Waterson
                      132F
                      20SSH
                      OSY400

sigpic
                      Photo by Mrs. Augustine

Comment

Get Well Soon Pat !!!

From all of the Brewster's and the Three Rivers Outboard Racing Organization we pass along our thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery as you begin the healing process from your accident.
                        Get well soon please! We will see you and Dave (and the rest of the clan) at a race soon!!!
                        Take care,
                        Jon Brewster

Comment

Speedy recovery, Pat . . .

A few days of Dave's cooking should be rehab motivation for sure.

Get well and stay well!
                          carpetbagger

Comment

Get well, Pat!

Your KampKurz connection is wishing you a speedy recovery. Mark

Comment

Pat,
                              Sorry to hear about your fall (Dave didn't push you, did he?) Just kidding Dave, I'm sure if you could have, you would have caught her. You're in our prayers for a speedy recovery Pat. Take good care of her Dave, or you'll have to answer to all of us!
                              John Runne
                              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                              X