Kitsap Lake: LIVE STREAMING (we hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitsap Lake: LIVE STREAMING (we hope)

This weekend, we will attempt to stream LIVE the 2011 Armed Forces Day Regatta from Kitsap Lake in Bremerton WA.

This will be our first attempt to stream live as a test of the Stock Outboard Pilot Project for Live Video Streaming. We are doing this with 99 percent of our "own" equipment and wireless internet feed. Only piece we are missing for this week is our 2X lens teleconverter for the camera, and we should have that for next week's broadcast.

More than anything, this is a test for us in order to get our arms around live streaming, so in all fairness, expect glitches. But please do check in and let us know how it's working. As we work out the details of this pilot project, constructive feedback will be very helpful.

This project has been made possible by the generous support of the Stock Outboard Racing Commission of the APBA.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/armed-...tsap-lake-2011

See you on the tube,

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Prime time............

I will be checking in on you guys. Did you get all the funds we allocated for the equipment from APBA?????

Have fun
    Matt
    Region 4 Commissioner

Comment

Receipts are being submitted. And, we are (up to this point) Under Budget!

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

I added a tab on the sidebar of HRTV to get a few more eyes on the live stream, best of luck.

Enjoy!
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

We are a go!

1st heat of the day, CSH. Won by Mike perman, 2nd Jamie Nilsen
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

It works!

On live now. Tripod isues right now. I recommend Dramamine.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working great so far - but recommend getting a directional mike so the background noises (i.e., folks talking in background on dock) aren't picked up. Hope to be out there either later today or at least tomorrow...

Comment

I am watching now. Nice!!! A bit grainy; is there anything I can do on my end to clear it up?

I just watched a DSH heat. The camera was a big too focused on the leader. Have you considered a wider angle to get more of the course all at once? FYI, the flag sometimes obscures the exit of turn two.

Keep it coming.
                Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Thanks Ray, good input. We are just figuring out the parameters on the lens length, so bear with us. We may look into the wide angle lens.

We know about the flag. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about our positioning to change that.

Directional Mic might be a great idea too, Shane. As I've stated, this is a learning process.

There's a Ustream Chat function on the right side of the viewing screen, feel free to jump on and say hi to us. I've got 2 laptops here, one streaming and one for chatting.

R-19
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

For some reason I was not able to connect to the chat feature. I tried but it just stayed in load mode and I got impaitent I guess. I left the streaming on while I was doing afternoon chores; what a blast!
                    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Thanks for all you do Patrick - enables folks to enjoy when they can't be there!

I'd try and get out tomorrow - what time is the drivers' brief? Only drawback is that I still don't have a prop ready to go - don't know if someone is willing to lend me one... and will probably need some help ensuring the old 102 is properly tuned...

Comment

No prop? No problem!

Shane,

I'm positive that we can find a prop for you to use until you get something of your own to run.

Hope to see you soon!

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working...
                        X