No announcement yet.

New JDS Hydroplane CNC kit interest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JDS Hydroplane CNC kit interest...

In recent months there has been some renewed interest in JDS Hydroplane kits, and the ability to manufacture these kits may be possible again along with developing the line. So these few questions will help in understanding the need and or want for these kits, the market potential, and at what level.

Any comments on these questions are greatly appreciated, and I will do my best to respond to any questions, but as this post is to obtain knowledge about the potential market, if you have a more direct question please feel free to email me at jon@jdsextreme.com Thanks!

1. Is there an interest in reintroducing CNC cut JDS hydroplane kits in the OSY400/CSH - 350CCH/0-350 classes?

2. If you were interested in purchasing a new hydroplane kit, which kind of construction would you prefer, A. all wood construction B. a combination of wood/honeycomb composite construction C. all composite construction with minor small wood pieces?

3. Would you only be interested in a hydroplane kit if it came with some kind of step by step instruction manual or DVD how to video?

4. In the Pro outboard category, do you prefer a "European Cabover" or more of a "Traditional American" style of laydown hydroplane?

5. Is there any interest in the development of a 500CC-1100CC JDS Pro capsule hydroplane, and if so would you like to see that in kit form as well or a completed boat?
    Thank you again for your time and consideration! Jon DuVernet Steen

Yes, there is interest

1. Yes

2. Depends on the final as built attributes of each; would have to think this one through more.

3. DVD would be a bonus. Step by step manual would be mandatory.

4. No preference.

5. Yes
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Thank you Raymond!

Comment

1) Yes

2) I would choose B: a combination of wood/honeycomb composite construction.

3) I agree with Raymond on this one...Step by step manual would be mandatory!

4) I think at this time, I do not have a preference. Although I think if our sport is going to be taken seriously and our American drivers want to "really compete on a world level here and abroad" we must start bringing some of the European designs and concepts in to US outboard racing.

5) I have no interest personally (mainly do to the fact that it's out of my price range and most of that type of racing is done far from my home state). On the other hand, knowing you Jon, and having spoke to you at length many times about the subject, I think if you did it, it would be state of the art, innovative and set a new bench mark for the capsule hydro classes.

I know you have some decision to make concerning the future of JDS boats. I hope more people will post their thoughts so you can make those decision with confidence and a clear path.
        93-C

Comment

Kit Boats

Hello John,

Not exactly what you are looking for, but my two cents.

MHRA is hosting Racer Schools twice a season. We are focusing on families. We have gotten four families racing in two years. Raymond, who responded earlier is one of them. Their is a market for a complete "kit" boat, but I also think it must include a step by step manual. When I started racing you could buy several kits from folks, but like everything else that has kind of "faded away". We would be steering folks towards your CSH/OSY model, if you move forward with the project.

I believe we would send 3-4 leads a season to you. I imagine 1-2 would actually move forward and buy.

Thanks,
          Dean Sutherland
          12M

Comment

JDS Kits for sale.

Hi Jon:

Terry here is South Florida.

I spoke with you some time ago about building one of your kits.

I would like to see the 1100CC as well as the question #5 YES........

The Manual would be a requirement, no need for a DVD.

I like the wood boats with some composit on the cowl. Wood is my pref.

Send me an e-mail directly please. forbestc@yahoo.com

thanks
            Terry

Comment

Thank you Jeff, Dean and Terry!

Comment

1) No my knees are shot. Got anything in a sit down?

2) A

3) DVD please

4) Euro w/banna hammock (like the Itlaians wear)

5) Yeh it's got a seat.

Do you deliver?

Comment

1. Definite interest. As far as I've seen, anyone who sees your stuff ends up wanting one.
                  2. Maybe find a good balance of wood and composite, just to simplify things. Different people will want all wood or all composite for the aesthetic of one or the other, or for the weight factor, so perhaps offer a custom materials option for those that want to pay a little extra, to make it worth your time.
                  3. It's cheap to print text, but expensive to print lots of pictures. A DVD is also cheap to produce, and can help those who don't understand some processes or terminology. To be user friendly, try DVD, but keep text on hand in case the DVD nets you more phone time than you ought to be spending.
                  4. No preference, personally
                  5. Definitely make the pro capsule happen, chances are you'll have a real winner on your hands. And keep us posted on when your prototype is running, I'm sure there are a lot of us who would love to see your progress.

Comment

To heck with the prototype I want to drive the one in his avatar. Never got the chance to run the laydown.

If Duv said the glue would be good to go in 5 minutes I'd race it in 5 min. 3 sec.
                    Solid boats.

Comment

Working...
                    X