Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New class???...ZSH/ZSR

How'bout this lil'puppy on a wood boat: http://www.seven-marine.com/motors/
    Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

557 engine

Just looked at the specs. Think it might make a great mod engine. Have to do somthing about the 1000 pound weight!
    Alan

Comment

Something that big you'd probably have to throw on a tunnel boat. Maybe the F1 engine?
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

...or maybe an offfshore center console...way to heavy for a real fast boat!
        Jason
        Outboard Junkie

Comment

Very Nice. Now.. please hand me the service manual would you. Thank you. Let's turn to the page which deals with recommended service intervals. Next, let's turn to the special tools page.

Ooops... sucked a plastic bag over the water intake... eng overheat lite stays on after removing bag... where's that waterpump located?

Uh Ohhh... engine is starting to hiccup now... musta got a load of water when we refueled in Blackpool... I don't see any freaking hand holds on the cowl. If it's like my 200 Merc Saltwater or my 250 Opti-max there aint none!!! Try lifting that sob off by yourself.... it'd be easier to lift your 275 lb mutha-in-law off the dumpah.

Yee haaa... Oil Change time!! Whoopee... where's that oil filter? When you pull it off do you lose a nice puddle of oil inside the cowl? Honda's do . Merc's usually do.

Tell me... does the "ZF" tranny share the oil with the rest of the engine? Why not, my GSXR1100, TL1000R, CBR900 does... what's the problem? Oh forget it... just tell me how and when I need to change the ZF fluid.

Meanwhile.... after 5 years in the salty-water district... how's that power tilt/trim motor looking? How convenient is that dog to replace.... will I need a torch or a sawzall?

Sorry. I'm not very impressed with the ability of our industry engineers when it comes to considering the above issues. I wasn't in the 70's, it didn't improve much in the 80's and the 90's gave us more of the same. All the promises at the boat shows were hot air.

And on top of it all.... Doug Piersall tried to convince me i needed a 125 set up.. what a day!

Alex
          Last edited by ram95; 05-11-2011, 05:50 AM. Reason: forgot the sawzall

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
            Very Nice. Now.. please hand me the service manual would you. Thank you. Let's turn to the page which deals with recommended service intervals. Next, let's turn to the special tools page.

Ooops... sucked a plastic bag over the water intake... eng overheat lite stays on after removing bag... where's that waterpump located?

Uh Ohhh... engine is starting to hiccup now... musta got a load of water when we refueled in Blackpool... I don't see any freaking hand holds on the cowl. If it's like my 200 Merc Saltwater or my 250 Opti-max there aint none!!! Try lifting that sob off by yourself.... it'd be easier to lift your 275 lb mutha-in-law off the dumpah.

Yee haaa... Oil Change time!! Whoopee... where's that oil filter? When you pull it off do you lose a nice puddle of oil inside the cowl? Honda's do . Merc's usually do.

Tell me... does the "ZF" tranny share the oil with the rest of the engine? Why not, my GSXR1100, TL1000R, CBR900 does... what's the problem? Oh forget it... just tell me how and when I need to change the ZF fluid.

Meanwhile.... after 5 years in the salty-water district... how's that power tilt/trim motor looking? How convenient is that dog to replace.... will I need a torch or a sawzall?

Sorry. I'm not very impressed with the ability of our industry engineers when it comes to considering the above issues. I wasn't in the 70's, it didn't improve much in the 80's and the 90's gave us more of the same. All the promises at the boat shows were hot air.

And on top of it all.... Doug Piersall tried to convince me i needed a 125 set up.. what a day!

Alex
            TOO funny!.........Are you race'n anywhere dis weak'nd?.....100N/STEVE FRENCH
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Did you find the price yet?

Comment

Price

Think I saw some place it was going to be $60,000

Comment

Where's that stinking oil filter?

Comment

no racing this weekend for us

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                    TOO funny!.........Are you race'n anywhere dis weak'nd?.....100N/STEVE FRENCH
                    Busy working on an FE motor. Want to be ready when someone buys Mason's rig.

Comment

Working...
                    X