Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candlewick Lake Best of the Mid-West June 11 and 12th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlewick Lake Best of the Mid-West June 11 and 12th.

June 11 and 12TH - 2nd Annual Best of the Mid-West at Candlewick Lake

Candlewick is a gated community about 15 minutes South East of Rockford, Ill.

It is really worth the effort to make it and here is why:

• Junior (Only $15) Stock, Mod and PRO classes (Only $25)
    • Free RV and tent camping on site. (No hook ups) Very short walk from the pits. (Open containers are permitted. Please use common sense and keep it clean. Be considerate of noise as we will be near peoples homes)
    • Pet Friendly
    • Clubhouse meeting rooms are available for drivers meetings
    • On site full service restaurant with special breakfast and dinner prices for all those with wrist bands. BBQ Foods will be available outside as well. Please make yourself available after the races to mingle with the residents. Cocktails available for purchase.
    • Live band on Saturday night
    • Inflatable fun houses and other things for the kids.
    • Hotels are near by, please see sanction for details.
    • Drivers school land based instructions will be Friday. Drivers school water class will be Saturday morning "EARLY" so it will not delay normal racing. Students race both Saturday and Sunday. Time TBD
    • “Junior” classes (And support team racers) will launch from in front of the spectators. Please notify pit boss upon arrival so that we can put you in the correct position.
    • OSY400 will be a beach start if conditions permit. Poll positions determined by “Straw Draw.”
    • Bring you own legal fuel
    • Sorry no testing Friday. Fuel mat must be used while refueling.

Entry is restricted. If arriving separately, please make sure that your guests and support team know your boat number. Tell the Security gate that you are with the Boat Racers and give them a boat number for entry.

Directions:
    From the North/South: I-90 to 173, go left a few miles to RT 76, turn right and go south one mile to lake. From the East: I-90 to
    Genoa Rd exit. Turn right on Genoa Rd, turn right on RT 76, go 3 miles to Lake.

Accommodations:
    Belvidere: Cambridge Inn 815-544-7111, Best Value Inn, 815-544-7111. At I-90 exit Rockford: Holiday Inn 815-398-2200.
    Baymont Inn 815-229-8200, Red Roof Inn 815-398-9750.
    Free camping, tents and RVs, at the race site NEAR the pits (No hook ups). Directions to camp site will be provided.

Questions? chicagopaul@earthlink.net. Cell 312-437-2727
    Last edited by chicagopaul; 05-03-2011, 04:02 AM.

Sanction link: http://www.apba-racing.com/internal/...p?EditID=10921

Comment

Wow !

Paul,

This sounds like an awesome race. The list you made pretty much covers the items racers like the most. I recall a Poll done here on HR once, and it almost looks like this race site copied the list !
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Candlewick

Awesome Race Site!!!

....and OSY starts from the beach!!

Comment

Thanks Dave. We had a BLAST when we were there 2 years ago. We were treated the best you could ever ask for. The only reason we did not race there last years was because they were dredging.
          So if you can make it I promise you will be blown away. Great lake, excellent hospitality and a great party atmosphere.

Hope to see a lot of first timers so that they can spread the word.

Paul

Comment

I am thinking about coming to take some pictures and am wondering how the race course will be set up in order to get the best shots.

Comment

pics

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
              I am thinking about coming to take some pictures and am wondering how the race course will be set up in order to get the best shots.
              Pretty much the only spectator viewing are will be at the club house (pits) as all the property around the lake is privately owned. The only other exception might be the berm (dam) at the south end of the lake which would make a good spot for pics of boats coming into the first turn, but I do not know if there is access to it.

Bill
              Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
              X