Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IceBreaker Regatta @ Pleasant Prairie, WI

Oh Yeah It's True
    Pleasant Prairie is the replacement racesite after 35 years at Burlington, Wis.
    May 28-29-30, 2011
    Three full days of racing and great times.
    Crystal clear body of water that's deep enough.
    Pig Roast and Beer bash under the Big-Top (sat).
    Also on the schedule; the 45 class tunnelboats (sat&sun)
    A $10 Raffle to win a ride in the famous 2-seater Tunnelboat !

Watch this link or at www.bsoa.net for more late breaking news
    -ALSO-
    Visit the Bsoa-Mrc FanPage in Facebook

Other Site Rules
    <-- Contained Only Allowed * <-- Racing only Allowed
    - Winning Allowed * <-- Terzinski's Allowed
    <-- Laughing Allowed * <-- Rain Not Allowed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kip69w; 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM.

How many 45's have entered so far?
    Wendy McCourtie Smith

Comment

I believe there are 6 confirmed. We were hoping for 10 ! (are you in?)

Comment

It is my understanding that Butch will be there, but, Kurt won't be ready yet.
        Wendy McCourtie Smith

Comment

Send the rig over, we have people over here who are capsule certified to drive it

Comment

Pp

Kip,
            Can I borrow some equipment to race??

- Mike

Comment

Parker Robb Racing will be there.

Jim
              7-M

Comment

Mike.Pav. I have extra equip... Throttles & Turnfins

Comment

Pp

Perfect!

See you there!!

Comment

Team Shep is sooo ready to go racing! Although I haven't touched the equipment.

Comment

Pleasant Prairie Icebreaker Regatta . . . Sounds like a BLAST!!!
                      Sure wish I could attend . . . Miss my time spent in the midwest recently, ya'll are great.

SHEP . . . hope to see you in sept.

Jean

Comment

Don't forget to purchase a chance to get a ride in a 130mph Formula One Tunnel boat at the Pleasant Prairie race.

The famous 2-seater Hydroplane Race Boat will be in attendance. You and I may never own or drive one of these, but here's your chance to ride in one!!

Tickets are $10 per chance and will be available during registration and the food vendors tent.

Formula One Rides will be given to 20 lucky winners on Saturday & Sunday. 3 Driver school scholarships will be raffled off too. I bet there's a few seasoned drivers that could use one of these.....

Comment

2011 Ice Breaker

I would like to take just a second and thank Kip for busting his rear end off to make this event what it is!!! I can't even begin to think of what to thank him for, because the list would be too long. Chances are if it had to do with this weekend, he had a part in it.

We as a club are very fortunate to have someone so passionate about making this happen. I can't tell you how many hours of phone calls we have shared, but it was obviously worth it.

Mother Nature threw us a curveball Sunday, but what a nice payoff on Monday. It could have been bit less windy; however, all classes were completed with only one incident all weekend.

I need to thank Chief Scorer Darlene Warnock, Referee Dee Berghauer, Inspector Brent Backus, Race Directors Evans and Burdick and everyone else who volunteered to help, as it is often a thankless duty.
                          DAVEY 18w

Comment

ditto

Big thanks to Kip and all of BSOA for their hardwork this weekend. We had a great time as usual.
                            Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Great job to the race committee for getting the racing in and having it run so smoothly. Race directors, inspector, scorers, referees, set up crew, clean up crew, pre-race planning, etc. all did a great job, and many of the people are fairly new to running the show.

Also, don't be bashful about asking/forcing more people to step up at the races. Not everyone can be apart of the pre-planning, the clean up crew, or race committee for various travel/racing reasons, but that doesn't mean they can't find a different responsibility to help out with during the day. If people aren't going to come up and volunteer to help, ask or force them to help. We don't need another crew of people who put in as much effort and time as you guys getting burned out and fading away from the sport. Great job this weekend.

Great weekend, great fun, see you in 2 weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X