Spark PLugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark PLugs

Does any body know where to get R8102A-10 NGK spark plugs if so please let me know . I could use a case of them right now. Thanks Gary Top Gun
    Last edited by Top Gun 3-Z; 04-25-2011, 10:31 PM.

i just Googled the number and there are several listings

Comment

Out of Production from NGK

A lot of online places list them, but the ones I tried a few months back no longer had any in stock. Tom Johnston had a few left for sale back them.

Good luck!!
      Tom Burwinkle
      11-K
      sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

NA is the story I got 5 months ago. I use to be able to get them no problem but now even Summit racing no longer can get them.

Best thing to do is go standard plug size with an adapter.
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

YEA ment to say already called TJ tried adapters in the past and melted them. theres got to be some ...... some where out there....somebody only if i could read japanese or know somebody in japan. Ive even tried the NGK web sight in Japan...
          Last edited by Top Gun 3-Z; 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I guess the only option left is estate and garage sales then. I have two left and when they are gone I think I will see if a machinist can up grade the head to smaller threads.

Also try old snowmoble restorers. From what I understand that is what used the big plugs first.

Comment

mike

the 14mm head is super affordable, especially if you plan on having machine work done. ive got a few different 14mm plugs we're gonna use during testing,(suggested by tj) the 10 are nowhere to be found, have checked every avenue on the web, out of stock and discontinued!!! kevin

Comment

Ngk ab8

I was fishing through the sparks plug isle at the local auto parts store and came across an 18mm spark plug that NGK still makes in several heat ranges. They are NGK AB8 they also had them in a 7 and a 6 heat range. I picked up a pack of the 8's and i plan on trying them in my yamato when i get it put back together.

Has anyone tried these plugs?

They are a little different than the R8102A-10 plugs so i am not sure how they will run.

here's a link if someone wants to look at the specifics...

http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/ngk-ab8.html
                Last edited by me-otch; 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM.
                Mitch Knapton 44-CE
                CMH

Comment

i just found some champion plugs that crossed with the ngk that was discontinued. plan on trying them in tabor and will have some extras if any body needs any .I will post my results when i get back . hopefully ive found a cure for this problem i dont want to have to run adaptors or buy a 150 dollar head just because ngk said we dont use enuff of them to keep saling them thats why they are discontinued because there is not that much a demand for them i told the man to tell his superviser to give me a number that i could start passing out to people about the issue .and see how much of a demand there is for the plug. thats some bs not enuff demand yea......

Comment

they still make the plug there just isnt no demand for ...so they dont stock it no where or have it avalible. thats bs

Comment

We plan to go to fourteen mm head, because they have discontinued the plug.

Comment

The only motor we have with an 18mm plug is our 80 motor. Do they make a 14mm head for an Yamato 80?

Comment

I've seen them both ways. You'll have to check with Ric to see if they're still available.
                          Sean Byrne

Comment

Spark Plugs

Try Wilburt Wahl--French Creek Marina in Clayton New York---315-686-2265. He has all kinds of older plugs--was in there yesterday on way back to Canada--cheers Bill.

Comment

Yea they make the heads for the 80 ours runs the same plug as the 25 merc does .

Comment

Working...
                              X