25xs timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25xs timing

can any body tell me how to set the timming on a 25 merc . ive been told you just advance it all the way is that true or what. would love to know. Thanks Gary Top Gun........

It's true. Jack

Comment

25 timing

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
      It's true. Jack
      Would that also be true for the previous deflector piston design 25ss?
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

yeap its true just jam it all the way advanced...and hope it pumps plenty of water...tried it today answered my own question wonder why i even put these post some times

Comment

Good Question

You had a great question, don't doubt that. On a lot of other engines if you do that you will likely burn a piston or something. Better safe than sorry.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

25SS timing

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
            Would that also be true for the previous deflector piston design 25ss?
            I believe my question on the 25ss timing still needs an answer.

Thanks
            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Honestly I believe they are the same you could advance it a little at a time and take a good run and advance it a little more but watch your temp

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                can any body tell me how to set the timming on a 25 merc . ive been told you just advance it all the way is that true or what. would love to know. Thanks Gary Top Gun........
                Had this conversation with 5N/Rossman a few years back,.......Per that, mine has been as far as it will go/against the stop.!........First time out....it...pass'd 59S on the outside with the"Red Devil"/Altralite....59S was use'n his Pavlick at the time.........He(59S).....then aquire'd his Altralite/custom built "panel boat".......and I'm now "lucky"......... to hold him off...... IF,I can keep the inside.
                de........5N.59S. 1US .....100N

PS.....MINE runs "rich" with the #72 jet.....even git'n on plane......It's a "Factor" built "Original".....25XS.........Not sure if that helps........er not?

"All I can say about that"........(Forest Gump)
                "Like a box of .....chok-lats",
                100N/Steve French.......gas/fuel money/REFUND?.... 21z?............Tabor City?
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 05-01-2011, 11:08 PM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                X