X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I Raced The First Burlington Regatta

Originally posted by Haüenstein View Post
    Sounds good to me!
    I showed up with my C Runabout and D Runabout, and my Winnebago. I parked and ALL THOSE WISCONSIN BEER DRINKERS hauled my trailer to the pits. I didn't realize that they KNEW I could back a Winnebago, let along back it with a trailer.

I really don't recall how I did at the race but assume the Wisconsiners handed me my lunch. Their clock was always screwed up and the course were too small for us fast guys.....

I Googled this: Wisconsin has 15,074 lakes and 5.7 million people. California has 337 lakes and 37.6 million people.

You Region 7 guys should be able to find a lake somewhere or buy a couple.

I tried to get Fred Hauenstein to buy a lake in Kingsburg, get him to buy one in Wisconsin.

I don't feel sorry for you guys. Get moving and find a place.

ADD:

I talked to Andy Hansen and he said he lost his testing place close to his house. . "WOW" I said, we drive 300 miles to test.

Sorry to lose Burlington, but BELOIT? Janesville? Edgerton??? All on the Rock River??????

I once went to a Corn Boil near Beloit with the KC's. It was on the river, "ROLL UP TURNS" but great pits. I'll bet a dollar the place is still there, near the Janesville/Beloit Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
      I showed up with my C Runabout and D Runabout, and my Winnebago. I parked and ALL THOSE WISCONSIN BEER DRINKERS hauled my trailer to the pits. I didn't realize that they KNEW I could back a Winnebago, let along back it with a trailer.

I really don't recall how I did at the race but assume the Wisconsiners handed me my lunch. Their clock was always screwed up and the course were too small for us fast guys.....

I Googled this: Wisconsin has 15,074 lakes and 5.7 million people. California has 337 lakes and 37.6 million people.

You Region 7 guys should be able to find a lake somewhere or buy a couple.

I tried to get Fred Hauenstein to buy a lake in Kingsburg, get him to buy one in Wisconsin.

I don't feel sorry for you guys. Get moving and find a place.

ADD:

I talked to Andy Hansen and he said he lost his testing place close to his house. . "WOW" I said, we drive 300 miles to test.

Sorry to lose Burlington, but BELOIT? Janesville? Edgerton??? All on the Rock River??????

I once went to a Corn Boil near Beloit with the KC's. It was on the river, "ROLL UP TURNS" but great pits. I'll bet a dollar the place is still there, near the Janesville/Beloit Airport.
      Have heard no mention of the Milwaukee Journal race on the Fox river. Was there in the early 60's.........elimination heats on Saturday with the finals run on Sunday. How can you get better coverage than having the local newspaper sponsor the races ?

Comment

Working...
      X