Amazing job on gearfeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing job on gearfeet

Check out the amazing job that Pat Davids and Tom Cronk did on my gearfeet. These guys are master craftsman. I can't get over how good of a job they did, I didn't even know that it was possible to make them look this good. The one with the nose cone is a Y80 mod and the other is a Y102 mod. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Sonny looks like you are all set. Very nice. I am working on mine to. With Mod there is always one project after another!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

very nice.. Was the nose cone welded on? Looks like the skegs were lengthened too?
      Maroney Racing

Comment

The skeg was extended so that it could be run a little higher. I like this shape because it takes some lift out of the gear case and the hatchet shape has worked well for some other classes. I just liked the idea of welding it better than epoxy, I'm sure that epoxy works just fine. The thing that made it tuff was the nosecone is not made for the 80 gearcase. The 80 has a bump in the front that the 102 and 302 doesn't have so I had to machine the heck out of both the case and the nosecone to make it work. The 102 ("c" mod) case also has a longer skeg and a water pickup in the nose at the bottom.
        Last edited by Sonny; 04-15-2011, 02:44 PM.
        Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Working...
        X