Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race Whats that.

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
    In 1965 we drove to Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania for the Summer Nationals and got one heat. What's my point ??..... I don't know.

But I'm still racing boats.

Best Regards To All,

Deano....................
    Good Job Deano.

I have not raced for 20 years and I am not complaining.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Comment

Nicole and I would like to say thanks to the folks who worked so hard to put on this race and to the board for acting quickly to make a Nationals race happen for all who could attend. As we drove home Sunday night with satisfied smiles from a weekend of racing and friends we discussed how much more we would appreciate a nice, warm race this summer.
      My daughter is in her 2nd year and represents a new addition to the declining membership roster. Lets keep a positive note and build on the enthusiasm that these new kids demonstrate currently. They are the future champions that will keep this sport alive.

Let' feed the fire not throw water on it.

Comment

Hey Kyle, I didn't fly from Colorado, I drove! Worth every mile.

Comment

Good to see you too

Any update on Wayne?
          Moby Grape Racing
          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Wayne is home, the tube of course is out of his chest. He will be off work for 4 to 6 weeks and is planning on running at Culaby. He has supplemental insurance to take care of him.....so relativly speaking, things are good. Thanks for asking.

Comment

people i did not attend the winter nats, mainly cuz my class isnt there! but what all these fine people did on short notice was give all a chance to get out on the water and race with friends and family! thats what this sport is all about, there many other racing venues that have to deal with mother nature! i was at a world of outlaws sprint car race about 8 years ago that got called 1 hour into it cuz of rain! that was in chicago, the night before they were running i believe nebraska! the point is the cost to haul everything pay their entry fee (no where near as cheap as ours) to qualify and then not get paid! a few guys tore up their stuff pretty bad! all they did was load up and go on to the next race......know why, cuz its the chance u take racing outdoors dealing with the elements! take the time to reflect that all these days u get to see these friends and do what u love could be gone tomorrow! i know mother nature is a b***h, trust me wisconsin had tornados last week and a blizzard this week! be thankful u got on the water, saw some good friends, and had a mini vaca that u will always remeber!

way to go to all that put in the effort to make this race happen on short notice!

Comment

Hinton 1969

I vividly remember the Nationals in 69 when Hurricane Camille threatened to destroy the entire event. 500+ boats, but lady luck smiled on everyone, the sun came out, and the water receded and a good time was had by all. Now that could have been a really bad ending.
                Dale Powell Jr.
                Palmer, Alaska

Comment

Working...
                X