ED HEARN where are you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED HEARN where are you

On 3-17-11 a new thread was posted on the parity comm. about motion that carried at the National Meeting this year to the height of DSH and the weight of DSR. Both motion were pasted My ? is did they pass the Parity committy. Since we are about 3 day away from our first race it would be nice to understand what the rules are for future races. I am owner of both of these classes but am not running this weekend or any weekend till I know what is happying. I understand the committee is busy but it would be nice to know where and what set-up to run before hand. I was thinking before my brain was full working and have invested in new props for this new set-up that is my fault. Will be ready to run after the discission on what way to go. It would be nice to test some before heading into the first cornor with a new set-up. Thank you for you time Dennis Westby

In all honesty, I believe Mr. Edward Hearn has been at Disney World with his family. I don't know when they will be back, but trust that Ed does follow this site better than most and will get back to you shortly.

-Burdick

Comment

I can understand the frustration, but I doubt that Mr Hearn is in Disneyland, although he probably is busy sorting out the ballot proposal votes.

As you may or may not know, sales of the Bass/Tohatsu have been flat. The proposal to set the height at zero is simply to improve marketability. Bass has sold a total of 4 engines since 2009. Did you know that 2 of those were bought by APBA so they would be available for APBA members? Well, they're still For Sale.

Fact is, there are people (spelled potential buyers) who are put-off by the height restriction because they want to be able to set the motor where it runs best on their boat - not everyone wants to build/buy a new boat.

Second, the data package which comes with the engine clearly states that the lower unit runs well on the surface, but that the owner should determine the best position. So, having APBA arbitrarily require it to run at 1/2" per a "safety rule" causes concern. Spell that 'buyer reluctance' or reticence. Either way, no sale!

Meanwhile, the two engines owned by APBA remain boxed up at Bass Machines ready for delivery and the D class continues to fall away.

Alex

Comment

Should one then presume that the DSH height rule is still 1/2" until further notice?
        28-R

Comment

Ed I'm still waiting for you to reimburse me for the gears I bought, then you make them illegal.

Troy 99R

Comment

O grasshopper

NO the rule is 1/2 deep till the parity committy votes on it. The other motion was weight on DSR which is fall all 4 or 5 reg drivers might be wrong on that was that pass does that also go to parity commity or is it voted on . It seem strange to me to start the season without 2011 rule in place but what do I know

Comment

Originally posted by dwestby View Post
              NO the rule is 1/2 deep till the parity committy votes on it. The other motion was weight on DSR which is fall all 4 or 5 reg drivers might be wrong on that was that pass does that also go to parity commity or is it voted on . It seem strange to me to start the season without 2011 rule in place but what do I know
              Dennis- The DSH tohastsu height is 1/2" until the parity committee decides to change it. In all honisty it may not be this year...

Secondly, The DSR weight change motion was shot down by vote of all commissioners. If it had passed the motion, it would have been a ballot item. And it was not. So the DSR weight is still what it was before the national meeting.

Regards,
              2011- Stock Outboard Commisioner
              Kyle Bahl
              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Checking the APBA web page under stock o/b category from the 107 meeting state BALLET motion to lower DSR weight to 500# motion carries so the motion was overturned just make sure we are on the same page not trying to rock the boat just want to know. Yes I know region 10 has no DSR except I have way to many I got a whole class almost ready and DMR SAME runnabout different motors

Comment

The Parity Committee of three has essentially voted to set the height at zero. Reading from our APBA By Laws, "Section 12.7.1 Rule Change Procedure", applies. So, looks like the race at Eatonville will be run 1/2" under.

Comment

Still no word from Mr. Hearns must still be on vacation 15 days but who is counting or so.

Comment

Home...

He was @ home when I talked to him last night.....maybe he is ignoring you!
                      17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Phone? I thought all communication was done via HR.

You mean everyone is not on HR 24/7?
                        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I thought when something was voted in it took till the following year to come into effect not that year. I thought.... I just put about a thousand dollars in my 25 merc just to be told it is probably not gonna be a class no more . all these BS rules just let people race and have fun if you wanna play politics go get a JOB with them crooks in washington . ITs always bout control.YEa COntrol...and POlitics.....

Comment

Working...
                          X