Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Live Winter Nationals!

Textemin.com

Almost live, Stock Winter Nationals 2011!

Here at Penway Media we all ready offer quite a few different services - graphic design, print, web, mailing, signage - but I’m adding a new company: Textemin.com - trigger text messaging.

Quickly, how this works, you (the consumer) sends a text message to a short-code number. By doing this, you have now opted-into the database. Now that you are on the list, I (the manager) can send you and everybody else who has opted in, a message. This works great for restaurants who want to tell their “club” members about the weekly lunch deal, or a golf course that has an afternoon opening on a slow day, or remind your pizza parlor members at 4pm about your dinner special, OR keep fellow boaters up to date on the day’s happenings!

I have developed my software, but need to find out if I have any flaws in it – nothing like a live trial!

I am limiting this to the first 10 individuals who Opt-in (only numbers go into the database if you opt-in, no other information can be obtained so I won’t know who you are) but if you opt in, I would appreciate it if you give me feedback, good, bad or indifferent by email.

This trial run will only occur for Sunday’s races second flight, potentially third.

If you’re in, text “boat” (without the quotes) to 35842. The first thing you will receive is an opt-out message – you can opt out at any time by texting “stop” to 35842. The second message you will receive is a welcome message. Now you’re in the VIP database!

Any questions let me know, Thanks, John Peeters. john@textemin.com
    http://vitalire.com/

SORC Media Equipment................

Any chance this race will be 'streamed' live with the new equipment the SORC allocated in the promotion budget??.............if so how can it be accessed?

Comment

I'm in ~ Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

me too
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I have had many more than 10 sign up, but I think I'll cap it at 50. Thanks for all the help.

Mike and Teresa, aren't you going to be at the race?!?!

I dig the almost live updates on HR, but not everyone can access a computer at all times, that's why this text messaging would be awesome for a nationals race. Sure Twitter or FB offers similar massaging, but nothing direct as a simple text.
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Sorry to say I will not be there I am waiting on a mare that is due to foal. We didn't plan on Winter Nationals being in our backyard!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
              Any chance this race will be 'streamed' live with the new equipment the SORC allocated in the promotion budget??.............if so how can it be accessed?
              Matt--

Tentative plans are to stream live, internet connection permitting. We have not yet bought the new equipment allocated (we just got confirmation that the funds were approved), so we are borrowing equipment and technical assistance from Karl Fortner, who has been instrumental in the inboard streaming we've been doing in R10.

Assuming all goes well, we will be streaming on Saturday. We may also do some streaming "testing" on Friday.

We'll post the link for watching here on HR soon.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

I hope Pat has a master plan...

Because this place is in the BOONIES, I have a hard time picturing how we'll get a fast connection out there. Keep your fingers crossed.
                Moby Grape Racing
                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Streaming..............

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                  Matt--

Tentative plans are to stream live, internet connection permitting. We have not yet bought the new equipment allocated (we just got confirmation that the funds were approved), so we are borrowing equipment and technical assistance from Karl Fortner, who has been instrumental in the inboard streaming we've been doing in R10.

Assuming all goes well, we will be streaming on Saturday. We may also do some streaming "testing" on Friday.

We'll post the link for watching here on HR soon.

R-19
                  Pat
                  Was curious to see how the quality of the 'streaming' is..........i have watched a few Inboard telecasts from our Region 4 and they are not all that great. Don't get lost out in the BOONIES, i hear Big Foot is on the loose!!

Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X