1100 ccr in the midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 ccr in the midwest

Seems like there is a lot af activity coming from MN and Wi in regards to big runabouts. Is this something Bsoa/Mrc will put on their schedule? I've counted at least four legit ones in the area. if so I'll be there. Sounds like some real progress is being made in the motor dept. I've heard rumors about brand new Quincy style Loopers being built.
    Steve

you bet

Steve-O,

just remind me in the spring come sanction time.

Bill III
    Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

1100 Runabout

Always a crowd favorite!!
      David Weaver

Comment

New 6 cyl Loopers were built, but I have not heard the results of the on power testing. One problem that will probably keep them on the shore - - the $20,000 price tag. Isn't that double what the Europeans get for a 700?

Comment

Yippee. More 1100R needed. Great to see some more interest. Look forward to racing against you guys!
          -Paul Fuchslin

Comment

Welcome, Paul! If I can find someone half as crazy as Joe, I'll be meeting you guys at DePue next summer with my noise maker on the back of my 14 ft Zorkan!

Comment

Originally posted by alky6
              Yippee. More 1100R needed. Great to see some more interest. Look forward to racing against you guys!
              -Paul Fuchslin
              hey Paul, did that 6cyl get damaged very badly at Shadow Cliffs? That motor really does sound sweet! I would also like to recongradulate you on your marriage.......the "boat racer" ceremony Saturday night was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile...........

Daren Goehring 63C
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                Welcome, Paul! If I can find someone half as crazy as Joe, I'll be meeting you guys at DePue next summer with my noise maker on the back of my 14 ft Zorkan!

I hope you get some testing in with a deck rider in that Z-Craft Sam, as they can get pretty squirrelly and flightly with another person in back. Frank designs most of his runabouts to where you are basically locked into one position or spot in the boat and barely any body movement is needed. Adding the deck rider kind of throws off the design..........but have fun anyways!
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                  Easy there Sam.........

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J
                    Easy there Sam.........Joe
                    Sorry, Joe

Daren, Richard Bird has offered to give me advice on running 2 up in a Z

Comment

2 man

Giddy up! I know a couple of guys that would be very interested. Nothing like hanging out of the back and whacking your head against the turn buoy. They are a crowd pleaser as well.
                      Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

Thanks! We burned #5 piston, but caught it before it did too much damage. Looks like we'll be able to put it back together for next year, with a fix to prevent the problem from reacurring. I guess it didn't like 9500 rpm...
                        -Paul

Comment

Originally posted by alky6
                          Thanks! We burned #5 piston, but caught it before it did too much damage. Looks like we'll be able to put it back together for next year, with a fix to prevent the problem from reacurring. I guess it didn't like 9500 rpm...
                          -Paul

well that is good Paul, as that is the best soundin' 6cyl Merc I have heard! I need to contact your dad about the electronic conversion he does for the distributors............
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Deck Rider...

Pete Nydahl will need a deck rider...He & I in his Krier? I do not think so, I will just rope the Konig. Maybe one of you Northern Wi. nuts can fit.

Brent 17W
                            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

A great boat for sale!

With all this talk about 1100 runabout some of you guys are going to need a good boat. Do I have a deal for you. For Sale: De Silva KR style, 13ft, custom fuel tank, boat cover, excellent shape, nice paint, it was 1st in 91 and 2nd in 92 and set the mile record. This boat knows how to win. $1500, needs some hardware. If you are interested at all or have any questions please email me Zach Malhiot (zach18man@aolcom) or my father Dwight Malhiot (malhiotdj@psns.navy.mil) we will be glad to work something out.

Comment

Working...
                              X