Quincy "Z" motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy "Z" motor

Does anyone know where a person might find some Quincy "Z" motor powerhead parts and pieces?

quincy z parts

i've got some pistons. what parts are you looking for?

frank

Comment

Originally posted by fbref5269 View Post
      i've got some pistons. what parts are you looking for?

frank
      I'm not really sure, I drove for Bill Collins from Macomb, Illinois back in the 70's and he wants to build something new based on the "Z" to get back in racing . He builds really fast stuff. I was one of the last guys to qualify a Flathead at the NOA World's with one of his motors.

Comment

is he starting from scratch

tim,

the cranks and rods were from the yamaha dirt bikes from back in the late 70's early 80's. if he wants a cyl to use as a pattern i can loan you one to see the machining and to spec out. they were a piece of art considering that were all done on a bridgeport before they were computerized. the bearings used are still available at the local napa auto store.

i restored a 125cc z and have a 175cc z i'm working on. got an rb that i make restore back to a 350.

frank

Comment

Thanks Frank, I'll pass the info on.

Comment

Hey, great to hear that Bill wants to build stuff again. I've still got a Hanger 7 jacket somewhere. We went to the NOA world championships years ago (1971?) at Alexandria and he had a separate motel room just for motor parts- A & B flatheads.

He sometimes would pick me up in Milwaukee and we'd fly back to Macomb. We'd get up in the air and just aim for the smoke on the far horizon from the smelter at Depue, pretty much on a straight line from Milwaukee to Macomb.
            Last edited by Team B&H; 03-11-2011, 07:31 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by Team B&H View Post
              Hey, great to hear that Bill wants to build stuff again. I've still got a Hanger 7 jacket somewhere. We went to the NOA world championships years ago (1971?) at Alexandria and he had a separate motel room just for motor parts- A & B flatheads.

He sometimes would pick me up in Milwaukee and we'd fly back to Macomb. We'd get up in the air and just aim for the smoke on the far horizon from the smelter at Depue, pretty much on a straight line from Milwaukee to Macomb.
              Those were the days, weren't they Sam!

Comment

Working...
              X