Devil's Lake Kilos update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil's Lake Kilos update

Well, we had a challenging day weather-wise. There was about 2 hours of decent water this morning, and then conditions deteriorated through the day. Since less than half the runs were completed, the race committee decided to continue the event tomorrow morning weather permitting. This decision was partially driven by the number of folks who drove a long way for their Kilo runs:

The McKeans are here to run 700 & 1100cc Hydro
    The Shanes are here from Delaware for Jimmy to run 1.5 Litre Stock
    The NM-200 is out with Larry Lauterbach for National Modified
    The Faulkners brought the Hot'er Canary from Utah with Dave Rankin for Pro Stock

And then there are some of the usual Region 10 suspects (Wartinger, Kelly, Lawson, Limbeck, Hannon, Thorsen).

There were some records set today, but they were pending inspection as I left, and some of these records could get broken tomorrow.

Kelly Hannon broke the AXSR standard at 48+ mph. Kyle Lewis was 5 1/100th of a second off that time, and is sticking around for another shot Sunday.

Bob Wartinger broke the O-125 record set earlier this week at 79+ mph.

Eric Adams set the mark for Formula 150 (apparently no exisiting record) at about 104 mph (he had a run at 109, and I think his down run was 100).

Jimmy Shane broke the 1.5 Litre Stock mark at 94+ mph.

Dylan Lewis broke the Region 10 J Runabout mark.

Bill Blackwell/Brian Bartlett went 15.649 mph in two-person aluminum runabout, but it is unknown at this point if that is a regional, national, or world record.

Sorry I don't have the decimal dust on most of the speeds, but I was at the second scanner and I'm going from memory.

Photos here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cameraboy5/2

Hopefully someone can fill us in on any action from Sunday.
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

What class is this boat?

How fast did this one run? http://community.webshots.com/photo/...01374396FpioJq

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

That was the aforementioned "two-person aluminum runabout" (a Honda 10 horse) @ 15.649 mph. We got a little bored waiting for the wind to die down, and ran it through. It clocked 18 mph on the GPS at Cullaby carrying an extra 100 lbs, so we were a little disappointed. It was strong enough to haul Lauterbach's National back to the pits, though.
      Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
      sigpic
      Portland, Oregon
      Johnson Racing

Comment

This just in...

No further runs were made this morning, Sunday, due to weather conditions. Everyone is packing up and heading home.
        Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
        sigpic
        Portland, Oregon
        Johnson Racing

Comment

I think I got to the race site at 9:00 in the morning on Sunday and by then the water was pretty much glass... O well, I guess I just gotta go down to Oroville, nice, calm, sunny, Oroville...
          28-R

Comment

Didnt anyone think to protest the number on Wartingers boat? In PRO the letter is required to be to the left of the number. Also, on the starboard side, the numeral two was chopped off and made it unreadable. Of course, if he was attempting to set a UIM record, the letter would not be allowed at all. Just kidding, all true though. I've had my share of warnings over number infractions.

I could only imagine that the weather had a role in keeping the record at 79. Or else John Stevens was hauling butt 22 years ago!

Congratulations Bob!
            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R
              I think I got to the race site at 9:00 in the morning on Sunday and by then the water was pretty much glass... O well, I guess I just gotta go down to Oroville, nice, calm, sunny, Oroville...
              You all come to Oroville Calif in March 2005. Good place to set kilo records.
              bill b

Comment

Working...
              X