2005 East Coast Race Dates Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 East Coast Race Dates Needed

Folks, as announced at Crystal Lake in September, I'm working with a group on a joint Inboard/ Stock & Mod outboard race. The race would pay the outboard classes $1000.00 per class in prize money. I need to know what races are planned for June and early July. We are trying to pick a date that will allow us to put together a program that will not conflict with other sites.

I understand it's a little early for this but any tentative info I could get will be greatly appreciated.

2005 Region 3 Tentataive Schedule

As of our meeting on 10/10/04 the following are tentative dates for 2005

May 7 & 8 - Millville, NJ

June 4 & 5 - Lambertville, NJ

July 9 & 10 - Williamsport, PA

? July 23 & 24 ? - White Haven, PA (New Race Site)

September 3-5 - Lock Haven, PA

October 1 & 2 - Millville, NJ
    Kevin 37-J

Comment

The Thompson, CT race has been the second weekend of July for ages, at one time a protected date. Only resently have we had a conflict with Williamsport, PA. Unfortunetly we can't seem to resolve this problem of a conflict. Thompson will be run again on the second weekend of July as we (the Connecticut Outboard Association) have a small allowance to dates with the lake owners to do this race or have NO race at all. At this writing I have no ideal if the APBA NE Divisionals is granted to Region 1, but we are interested in such an event. North American Championships will be considered also or anything else benificial to the racing driver.
      Contact me at RCH44JD@outdrs.net.
      R. C. Hawie - Commadore COA

Comment

Hey Bob,
        The FLRC race in June is Norwood. The date I think will be on the 17th and 18th. I'll double check with Ron W. As it will be on Fathers Day weekend. There's also Tauton, MA. the weekend before. Region 2 has 2 inboard races 1 in Buffalo, NY and 1 in Ogdensburg, NY the last part of June or the first part of July. I don't have those dates but I'm sure they ran the same weekend this year in July. Taking a guess but go to ABPA'a web site an look under the RACES tab. That might help out.
        Last edited by r2ref; 10-16-2004, 02:09 AM.
        Dean Neumann
        http://flrc1949.googlepages.com

Comment

Working...
        X