No announcement yet.

How long do we wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just love the "old school" pics...THX! As an ex-Trenton, MI resident, can I mention Fred Miller? Greatness!

Comment

Tito Smith, Lane Curry, Mickey Schwarzenbach, Ken Scoville Sr.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ght=tito+smith

I really was in 36 very long...I won one race and Danny Schwarzenbach sat me down and explained how they all had fun racing, and it wasn't about winning. I did win my only 36 race...

In California 36 Runabout had a "RING LEADER" and that was Danny Schwarzenbach. He drove the "Bandit". (Dan was also club commodore , many times.) Lane Curry ran the "Chickenship" 36, and was club finance Chairman. (We had club parties as fund raisers, we had whiskey raffles). Mike and Doug Wetmore ran "RINSO BLUE" and and were membership chairman.

Carl Myers ran the "TURTLE EXPRESS" and his brother Kenny drove it too, as Carl ran BU and CU and sometimes DU and ARR.

Ken Scoville Sr. ran a Morehouse "Meteor" and was club publicity chairman for ever. Probably worth 500,000 words about boat racing.

I did run 36 on my DeSilva once, that the 1970 Winternationals, and then let Max McPeek and John Puestow drive it in F Runabout, made the DeSilva's quite mad at me...

Tito Smith's dad run 36, and Tito is putting his 36 back together he bought Al Stoker's old Hill Runabout.

Al Stoker won the 36 Nationals once.

Allen Sutfin Sr.

Pete DeLackner....1964 National Champion...

Rod Zapf ran 36 in Florida and California...

APBA "DROPPED" 36 because it didn't have enough members....but the members we had in California were all our workers...

Mickey Schwarzenbach, Rod Zapf and Tito Still have there 36 boats...more than 25 years after the class was dropped.

Maybe, some of you will see why I don't think any class should be dropped...COMBINED at races yes, but dropped....Max McPeek has not been to a boat race sicne the KG-4 got dropped from STOCK!
      Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-05-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Old photos.....

Photo #1: 1-D Giles boat ? engine maybe Don Biondi?
        Photo #2: Arthur Harvey 1-A, Stan Fitts 5-B and Richard Brunjes?
        Photo #3: 1-US ?????
        Photo #4: BU 1-B Bill Giles, 100-B Rick Weinstien?, 25-B Jerry Gignac
        Photo #5: 1-US ?????
        Photo #6: Jack Glasses with a ClarkCraft DSH
        Photo #7: Top of photo 70-D Jim Martin, middle- black runabout 45-J Ray Hammond, open helmet with goggles Jerry Gignac.

Comment

Last photo: 91-B Stan Armstrong, looks like Larry Castagneto driving the Casta-Craft boat in the middle.... Inside boat? The red boat in the middle could be our red Casta-Craft. Larry would sometime race it in DSH. I wrecked our CSH boat in the early 70's!

Comment

36 class

Hey Anker, where are pictures of you and your 36?
            Watched George Scudder dump at one race and he climbed on the bottom just puffing on his cigar. Said when he knew he was going over, he could roll the cigar up into his mouth so he could continue puffing away when he surfaced. Quite a character.

Comment

Working...
            X