Accident 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident 2010

With the upcomig APBA meetings I would like to gather information on the accidents that we had last year. Please list any accidents that were caused by : poor condition of Kevlar safety clothing. ( failed seams , broken straps , driver fell out of vest ) or if rescue crews were unable to locate a driver in the water due to the color of the helmet, or the paint sceme on it .Also if any drivers were operating a boat while possibly intoxicated. In SSOA races we had one accident that required a hospital visit during a race. After the checkered flag a driver stuffed and cut his hand. he returned to the pits after stitches. Please let your SORC rep know how you feel about additional safety rules. Thanks, Shawn.

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
    With the upcomig APBA meetings I would like to gather information on the accidents that we had last year. Please list any accidents that were caused by : poor condition of Kevlar safety clothing. ( failed seams , broken straps , driver fell out of vest ) or if rescue crews were unable to locate a driver in the water due to the color of the helmet, or the paint sceme on it .Also if any drivers were operating a boat while possibly intoxicated. In SSOA races we had one accident that required a hospital visit during a race. After the checkered flag a driver stuffed and cut his hand. he returned to the pits after stitches. Please let your SORC rep know how you feel about additional safety rules. Thanks, Shawn.
    All of these items sound like bad enforcement of existing rules!!!!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

why isant it manitory to have parametics in patrol boats during races

Comment

I ripped out my rotator cuff cranking my motor at a race site. I just got the hospital bill $10,439 to repair it. Does that count? My arm's still in a sling. I think electric starters need to be mandatory. Either that or the pull-cords are going to have to have a 'snatch-release' built into them. In the meantime, I'm just going to let someone else start my engine... what the heck!

Comment

Spark

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
          I ripped out my rotator cuff cranking my motor at a race site. I just got the hospital bill $10,439 to repair it. Does that count? My arm's still in a sling. I think electric starters need to be mandatory. Either that or the pull-cords are going to have to have a 'snatch-release' built into them. In the meantime, I'm just going to let someone else start my engine... what the heck!
          Or an automatic spark retard for starting. I think all of us have been "stung" a few times.
          kk

Comment

Originally posted by 16JBilly View Post
            why isant it manitory to have parametics in patrol boats during races
            Depends on the EMS system you have at the race. Each EMS system has SOP's & SOG's that they have to follow and depending on where you are the "white shirts" as we call them with tell the crews to stay on land or not.
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
            X