No pans in 200 MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pans in 200 MOD

What do you think of removing the requirement of the hood and the belly pan in 200 mod?

Benifits:
    • No need for choke knob
    • No need for carb knob
    • No need for recoil
    • Easy power head changes
    • You could sell your pans to stock people
    • You would never be pitched for a dumb crew member... sorry Kyle.
    • Never have to miss a start from broken recoil
    • You can keep the pans on it. It would be an option not a requirement

I vote yes!
    Yes
    47.22%
    NO
    44.44%
    I hate rule changes and dont care!
    8.33%

Any reasons to keep the pans in MOD?

Comment

I think you need a catchy slogan to promote this idea! How about Go Toppless!

Comment

Mod Classes

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I vote yes. We aren't required to run these parts on a Merc in 500 mod.
        kk

Comment

Wow this is a close race! This is the closest I will come to racing for 4-5 months.

Comment

skewed poll

Brian,

After the voting is done factor out the votes from those who don't race the class and then announce your results.

I hear you about working on the OMC's, but I just don't see the value of the rule change. Personally I think that if one were to try to get more participation in the Formula A classes, the rules for the class would be adjusted to make the FA engine MORE similar to the Stock OMC as opposed to less.

Also, would you have to add a rope plate since the rewind would be gone? The groove/notch in the flywheel is not very conducive to rope starting.
            Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

I support It

I did not vote on your poll as I have no vested interest in the class. But I can speak from experience that those stock cowls are a PITA. The rewind even more so when changing restrictor plates.

I would support to make it a modified looking class. Like you said though, make it an option, not a requirement. That way the stockers can still participate without changing anything. It is afterall, Modified Outboard. It might even spark up interest from local spectators who have one laying around and want to tinker, and also it would look like two motors competing with each other on the course which always adds to spectator value.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Fits our M.O.

I believe 200 Mod is poised for growth over the next few years. It's almost too predictable that we would now try to complicate it....
                hauenstein outboard team
                186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Omc

Removal of the pan and top cover would require the fabrication of a spray shield. I would bet that the OMC without the pan and top cover using a small spray shield only would breathe easier thus making it just that much faster than the stock OMC- this would be another reason to discourage someone from running their stock OMC in formula A.

Ditto to Mike H.'s comment.
                  Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Here is my thinking I just wanted to know. It is the only mod class that requires factory pans. I am not going to propose this so don't worry. I think 200mod will be the old A Stock class soon enough. I just really hate the pans.

I think it might breath better, but it would also suck water better. The hood is a great spray shield. I like mod because of less rules. No pans is the first thing a mod guy changes! I do understand the growth issue.

Comment

How about pipes? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X