Shadow Cliffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Cliffs

Here they are (I've seen you Region 10 folks lurking all day) - 4 albums of restaurant quality photos from the last dance on the West Coast. Dan should have banner material for the rest of the winter.

Two days of sun and fun at Pleasanton CA. Awesome job both days by the Region 11 folks getting the racing in. There was the ASH drama, Crackerboxes, full fields in OSY and 20ss, fast s*** in DMH and FEH. Great racing, great BBQ, great people.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cameraboy5/2

Go to the third album (Saturday/Sunday) - photos sh0146-sh0154. After a decisive win in Heat 1 of ASH, J Michael Kelly was was coming up fast in Heat 2 on the third leg of the triangle course when the boat spun. He came out, holding on by the throttle, and pulled himself back on. I thought he was done. Then he uses the whole front chute to get back on plane - it's like the boat is full of water. He's doing a pommel horse routine - and it gets back on plane. Why is this worth a hundred words of babbling? Because the right rear section of the boat is shredded - the transom and four frames busted, upper and lower chines, holes in the deck (try NO deck) and bottom (split along the cockpit). The tie down rope was holding the **** thing together. Well, he got got on plane and rode the **** thing side saddle for over 2 laps and finished the heat. And yes, that's the Kaiser's 35R Fralick - survived the damage at Scootney, the wreck at PRO Nationals, getting tossed from the pickup in the rollover, a dump on Saturday, and had enough left for two more laps.

Enjoy.
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

Shadow Cliffs

Great Pictures, if you could only see the boat. The whole right chine is gone. It is amasing he kept it a float and finished the race.
    Sorry I missed a great weekend of racing.

Comment

Shadow Cliffs was once again a fantastic event. Hats off to NCOA.

I’ve got to say that the final heat of ASH was one of the most spectacular, dramatic, and anxious heats of racing I have ever witnessed. There was a National High Points to be decided and some very tough competition with a large field.

J. Michael’s crash, save and extraordinary effort to “get the points” was nothing short of phenomenal! And although he finished 2 laps down, everyone was watching him. The rest of the heat seemed to be out of view as the focus of all was on this unbelievable performance. When was the last time anyone even watched a boat finish 2 laps down? This time, everyone watched.

The drama was like nothing I had ever seen before at an outboard race. And the sportsmanship was exceptional as well. With the season now complete and the racers having done their best, I was impressed to see both J. Michael Kelly and John Palmquist sitting together at the BBQ that night talking.

Maybe you just had to be there, but as Mike Johnson suggests, take a look at the pics.

Comment

ASH title

I have seen the pictures and I can not beleive it myself!!!! but nobody has mentioned the outcome....lol So......who won the title? The world of boat racing is wainting to hear?

Those pictures are amazing!

Later,

Comment

Good question

Between the numerous gun jumpers (3?, 6?, 7?), confusion over the black flag, and the complexity of height checking a trashed boat, I don't believe it has been resolved. Our team doesn't know if we jumped or where we finished. I believe there is a protest under review, but I would rather defer to the race committee on the specifics.

A lot of hard racing with full boats fields in several classes - a lot of jumpers.
          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
          sigpic
          Portland, Oregon
          Johnson Racing

Comment

ASH Final Results

J. Michael Kelly was disqualified in inspection for a transom height violation following the conclusion of the race. He has appealed that ruling to the Stock Outboard Racing Commission. A meeting has been scheduled for the SORC via telephone for next Thursday, October 21 in order to consider the appeal. I have no idea about the standings. Ed Hearn, SO Chairman.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Is this anything like not having proper motor cover on?

Were there any flags thrown, how many lawyers were in attendance?

Hope this doesn't turn into another apba b.s. session.
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

nope, nothing like that - but there was this guy in pink kevlar...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...99295160AmLWGY

looks kinda familiar...
                Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                sigpic
                Portland, Oregon
                Johnson Racing

Comment

Great Pics

Hey Cam man great pics. hope i can buy some one day.

Like runabouts mostly as any one can sit up and look cool in a hydro.

Well almost.

Richard KC Mo
                  RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

2 man RB

Can someone tell me what kind of hull and engine is on the #12 boat?
                    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

1100 runabout, Konig motor, DeSilva boat
                      bill b

Comment

Kilo record

I that the one that set the kilo record?
                        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

No, that's not the boat that set the kilo record. Here's a link to a picture of the kilo record holder. http://home.earthlink.net/imagelib/s...target=tlx_new

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Thanks David , do you know what type of hull that is?
                            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

That is Terry Klemm. boat is a Krier. motor is a 700 cc Konny or Vrp
                              bill b

Comment

Working...
                              X