Bill Dundon passes at 77 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Dundon passes at 77 years

Bill Dundon is a past Commodore of the Fishers Landing Racing Club. Today a little past 4:00 Bill passed peacefully with his wife Helen Brennan and sister Donna Dundon at his side.

Bill was a regular fixture at the Crystal Lake Regatta and the Clayton Antique Race Boat Regatta. He was a promoter. If he was involved in it, he wanted you to get involved too. He was a driving force behind many of the Crystal Lake races in the last 15 years.

A former Marine and member of the 1964 Olympic 6th place 4 man bobsled team representing the USA in Innsbruck, Austria, Bill loved old boats and boat racing. He will be missed greatly. May he rest in peace.

The Fishers Landing Racing Club

RIP Bill

My thoughts go out to his family and friends .

Steve A

CMH. 61R
    Short Fuze Racing
    Team Darneille
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

this guy

You might not recognize him with a tie on...
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a great pic, Scott. We will sure miss him...

Comment

RIP Bill. It's not going to be the same without you.
          Dean Neumann
          http://flrc1949.googlepages.com

Comment

My family and I will miss his kind smile in the pits at Crystal Lake. Always so friendly and my daughters loved him. Rest in peace Bill, you will be missed.
            http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

It was both and HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to know Mr. Bill. We worked together selling ads for the Crystal Lake Regatta programs each year, the Clayton Christmas Parade, and various F.L.R.C. activities. We worked hard, but we LAUGHED harder.
              Bill's contributions to the Fishers Landing Racing Club as well as other organizations were second to none. No matter what Bill did he gave it everything he had. Bill did everything he could to help others succeed and excel, and his leadership and guidance were always accompanied with an Irish smile.
              Bill called me each year to ask if I was coming home to Crystal Lake. He posed for the picture below and asked Dad to send it to me in 2003. I am so glad we saw him at Crystal Lake in the fall of 2010!
              Scott, please pass our love and condolences to Bill's Family.

This is how I will remember Bill Dundon......
              Attached Files

sigpic
              SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Russ, I was telling Linda about Bill and how I described him to her was the white haired gentleman with the money pouch selling 50-50 tickets at crystal lake to me 10 times the same day LOL. RIP Bill and our prayers be with your family at this time.

Dave and Linda
                Dave Scott
                Aim Marine Inc.
                613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                Ottawa, Canada
                http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
                DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Scott - Our sympathies to you and the family for the loss of your father in law.

Howie & Becky
                  444-B now 4-F
                  Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
                  X