Can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be done?

Can you put lift in a runabout after it has already been built? I am currently running a 25 Mercury on a 12' runabout and trying to get the bough up. Or would it be possible to shorten the boat? If so, could you take 2' off the bough of the boat or would that change the lift also?

Well, if you just sawed the front two feet off your runabout, you would do two things. You would reduce the amount of surface area that can lift the boat as well as reduce the amount of total lift, compared to what the boat was originally designed with. I wouldn't recommend this cause it will be a pain in the ass to reroute the chines, sides, and decks to make it come to a "point." I'd say start over, and build a new one. its the easiest route and would cause a much smaller headache.
    28-R

Comment

Not much can be done with it. That black boat of yours was a C-mod for Kevin and you should run it as a C or C-mod.

Most of the true 25ssr boats I see are about 11 ft and quite a bit lighter than the black boat.

Tim
      Tim Weber

Comment

build a new one.. way better and youd be much happier,,,

Comment

I put about 2 inchs in a CSR. it added to much weight. it was a waste of time and money.
          smelt farmer

Comment

this boat is the same boat as the black one just white.gonna try the 102 on it .the merc just isnt enuff motor i guess.

Comment

Decisions Decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                Decisions Decisions
                Q's Q's, Are you using it to race, play or both? You could have plenty-o-fun in a boat that won't do much good racing. There's options to getting bow lift like tilt angle & prop rake as well as weight & its distribution. What Merc 25 is it, an SS, XS or fishing motor? Earlier fish models are cross flow & later loop charged, that also would make a difference. At any rate a 102 should be good.
                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                X