Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to boat racing since 1956?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the APBA "MR President" and ask him why there is no growth.... THe APBA is the KEY to NO GROWTH why cant you people realize this and do something about it....
    UNTIL the APBA steps up to the Plate and takes the burden of growth out of the hands of the local clubs there will be no growth... You can only con so many friends in to boat racing... Our SPORT NEEDS TO BE PROMOTED....

Until the APBA members realize this and demand change there will be no change...
    Mark my words Boat racing will never die but APBA will.... The APBA is setting on a real gem stone that is only being pilfered away by people who realize the money that can be made with it.... DRAG BOATS GONE, UNLIMITEDS GONE, OFFSHORE GONE...

IT makes me sick in the stomach to say this but its all true...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Beegle View Post
      Call the APBA "MR President" and ask him why there is no growth.... THe APBA is the KEY to NO GROWTH why cant you people realize this and do something about it....
      UNTIL the APBA steps up to the Plate and takes the burden of growth out of the hands of the local clubs there will be no growth... You can only con so many friends in to boat racing... Our SPORT NEEDS TO BE PROMOTED....

Until the APBA members realize this and demand change there will be no change...
      Mark my words Boat racing will never die but APBA will.... The APBA is setting on a real gem stone that is only being pilfered away by people who realize the money that can be made with it.... DRAG BOATS GONE, UNLIMITEDS GONE, OFFSHORE GONE...

IT makes me sick in the stomach to say this but its all true...

Ok lets say you have $2,000,000.00 to spend on promoting Boat racing. What would you spend it on....???
      Relize that there is no guarantee's in Promoting--

Real reasons money is not spent

1, no one in APBA knows what to spend it on(will take private investment)
      2. APBA does not have enought to make much if any difference.

3. this is why I say over and over again we need to make the small engine MFG's compete against each other by using there engines in small boatracing.

Yamaha,suzuki,Bombadier,honda MAYBE mercury (doubt it think they are broke) they will not provide small engines for racing untill we race them as purchased---then I believe over time they would want to win and your beloved QUICKIES will show up.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post

BRF had 540 people on line while hydroracer had 54....tonight....
        Just for the record: The two websites tally "Who's Online" differently.

Boat Racing Facts seems to take users and hold them for longer after their last activity, some show two hours.

Hydroracer only keeps them for a period of 30 minutes after their last activity, then drops them off.

All you have to do to verify is go to the Who's Online and you can look to see this.

If you look at activity within the last 30 minutes you will find them to be pretty equal. As webmasters we just have different setups. Both sites offer a little different forums. Boat Racing Facts has a general forum for posting on any subject, at Hydroracer we do not accept posts that aren't in some way related to the sport. (i.e. Political or Religious posts.) Again this is the choice of the webmaster(s) and we each have different ideas.

Another fact. Both webmasters frequent the other's sites and post on them. The sites just reflect our individual styles. Both sites are for the purpose of promoting and talking about boat racing, although hydroracer is more specialized thereby excluding some boat types.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Motor selection

There are (and probably won't be) any new outboards built for racing by the large corporations. They are having enough trouble keeping afloat in todays economy and over-regulated marketplace. Bombardier doesn't build anything under 36 CID, all the small Mercs are Tohatsu rebranded 4 strokes, blah-blah- -

If you were a manufacturer, would you bet millions on small boat racing, or B.A.S.S. tournaments?? The answer is obvious.

I commend "Sidewinder" and Bass/Tohatsu for their efforts. But they aren't going to get thousands of motors on the market nor promotion dollars to add new racers.

If anythings going to happen it will have to be grass roots based.

Comment

Working...
          X