Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were King part 2

did not want this to get lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were king for today I would ask HR.net to shut this thread down, it is not doing anyone any good. I would also ask them if it is possible to have a forum on HR.net that is for debating ideas - one that the general public would not see and keep the portal open for PROMOTING the sport and all of the sanctioning bodies and not bashing them everyday (bashing one anyways). I think we as a group need to be WAY more conscious of the image were are presenting to the public and it needs to start here on this site.

Every year we have threads like this one for all to see and then we wonder why people are'nt excited about racing with us.
    Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

You hit that one square on the head ! It is time we show the public the positives of the sport, I was gone from it for 25 years, came back this past year and realized what I had missed, The People of this sport (Family) are priceless !

Just my nickles worth !

John Biagio

Comment

Dad always said

Dad always said if you can't say something nice don't say it. Positive thinking is the way to go. Positive thinking is fun and fun is what we have an abundance of.

Comment

Originally posted by BP125V View Post
        did not want this to get lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were king for today I would ask HR.net to shut this thread down, it is not doing anyone any good. I would also ask them if it is possible to have a forum on HR.net that is for debating ideas - one that the general public would not see and keep the portal open for PROMOTING the sport and all of the sanctioning bodies and not bashing them everyday (bashing one anyways). I think we as a group need to be WAY more conscious of the image were are presenting to the public and it needs to start here on this site.

Every year we have threads like this one for all to see and then we wonder why people are'nt excited about racing with us.
        I agree with Bill .

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Not so fast............

Forums like this provide food for thought. Ideas are born from both positive and negative views. While some of the venum being spewed may be a bit depressing it does help us all to keep our eyes open.

Hydroracer threads can be looked at like cable TV...........if you don't like the channel flip over to another more cheery thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
            Forums like this provide food for thought. Ideas are born from both positive and negative views. While some of the venum being spewed may be a bit depressing it does help us all to keep our eyes open.

Hydroracer threads can be looked at like cable TV...........if you don't like the channel flip over to another more cheery thread!!
            I personally agree that if we get rid of all debate posts and just had Happy Birthdays and equipment for sale the site would melt away.

But still no politics!!!!!!!!!!!
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I am sorry Bill...

Things have changed and here is how:

It is no longer possible to hide anyones "dirty laundry" in the age of information. For better or worse that is the way it is.

If HR decided to censor themselves someone else would just start another site.

I ask instead for the leadership to engage here or in a venue of their choice.

The leaderships policy of nonresponse to the membership in a public forum is just as damaging as any criticism of them or the organization.

This is a fundamental change in society that businesses are just starting to wrap their heads around. And APBA is certainly a business. The members are their clients.

example:

Toyotas policy of nonresponse to their sudden accelleration issue did not make the problem go away. It made it worse because the policy of communications blackout by Toyota leadership made it seem as though they were either arrogantly unaware of the problems or aware and hiding from it.

That is exactly the perception of the general APBA membership of the APBA leadership and it will not change until the leadership engages.

You cannot open peoples hearts and change peoples minds with silence.

Brad Walker

I have no problem with this thread getting deleted
              Last edited by B Walker; 12-10-2010, 01:05 PM.
              302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Todd what are you saying or mean. Bill has done more for this sport in one year than you have ever dreamed about doing for this sport.

And Bill may have said remove the thread but knowing him I don’t think he’s trying to control freedom of speech. I think he may have been trying to get us to focus on the good and keep improving it.
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                  I am sorry Bill...

I ask instead for the leadership to engage here or in a venue of their choice.
                  Brad we should sit and talk in Detroit I'd like to hear some of your ideas. I'll buy the first beverage of your choice.

I might not be the leadership you are referring to but I know many of them will be there. What a great opportunity to voice your concerns..
                  "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Divorced from reality

Originally posted by 371-M
                    That thread will do NOTHING to "hurt your sport of hydro racing" people like You have already done "IT" to wats left of the sport,
                    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on HydroRacer. I can't think of anyone who does more in the real, physical world to help boat racing than Bill Pavlick III.
                    hauenstein outboard team
                    186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by 371-M
                      Ok, Here goes, this is the last you will see of me on here and you are saying good to your self as you read this, Fine with me- fire away but some of you find the truth hard to swallow.

I had a new race site all set to go and was a done deal but lack of support from MHRA stopped the race from becoming A reality, I put lots of work into that project.
                      Todd,
                      Since you will never post again (thank god!), I'll start off by thanking you for all the hard work you put into trying to organize the race in Mesick. But, then I'll have to call you out for your distorted perception on the "the truth" you referenced. Please remember that there were a few things, that caused MHRA to pull the plug on the race. Things that YOU didn't have firm and things that put the club in a lot of risk. The fact that the ramp wasn't going to be closed right in the pits / center of the course. The fact that the park didn't want us to have the sites close to the water, the fact that we would have control of the water. If you need me to go into more details we can, but that's mute since we won't see you again.

As Don said, there are many, many people who love this sport as much or possibly more than you and DO a hell of a lot more to try to make it better.
                      Yes, there are a lot of rules and a lot of things that in hind site could have been done different, but don't for one minute question the people that do the work, spend their free time, their money to try to run this volunteer organization. If I were to go back and look at your posts 90% of them would have sarcastic, negative and whining comments about **** near everything that is posted (never anything positive). You are the stereotypical "b!tcher".

Lastly, what the hell are the SW Canandian high points and Nationals? And what the hell does that have to do with anything for improving our sport?

Have a merry Christmas.

Mark

P.S. maybe we'll see you again when the next round of Stock Outboard engines are approved that have rewinds

Comment

Amen Mark...

Thank God he's gone, his posts were depressing! Merry Christmas to all... Greg
                        Future J dad!

Comment

Yes 371 asked to be erased and the wife granted his wishes late last night.
                          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

For what it's worth.....
                            http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...D8415B828DF1D3

sigpic
                            SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Wow..............

Originally posted by hydroracer25 View Post
                              Todd,
                              Since you will never post again (thank god!), I'll start off by thanking you for all the hard work you put into trying to organize the race in Mesick. But, then I'll have to call you out for your distorted perception on the "the truth" you referenced. Please remember that there were a few things, that caused MHRA to pull the plug on the race. Things that YOU didn't have firm and things that put the club in a lot of risk. The fact that the ramp wasn't going to be closed right in the pits / center of the course. The fact that the park didn't want us to have the sites close to the water, the fact that we would have control of the water. If you need me to go into more details we can, but that's mute since we won't see you again.

As Don said, there are many, many people who love this sport as much or possibly more than you and DO a hell of a lot more to try to make it better.
                              Yes, there are a lot of rules and a lot of things that in hind site could have been done different, but don't for one minute question the people that do the work, spend their free time, their money to try to run this volunteer organization. If I were to go back and look at your posts 90% of them would have sarcastic, negative and whining comments about **** near everything that is posted (never anything positive). You are the stereotypical "b!tcher".

Lastly, what the hell are the SW Canandian high points and Nationals? And what the hell does that have to do with anything for improving our sport?

Have a merry Christmas.

Mark

P.S. maybe we'll see you again when the next round of Stock Outboard engines are approved that have rewinds

Geesh..........why don't you tell us what you really think Mark!! Lol. Hope to see you in Detroit and tell Big Don to get working on those Redwing tickets for us!!

On another note are you still on the J Class Committee??????

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X