arltralite tunnel hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arltralite tunnel hull

i thought i better try building one in wood, before i tackle one in carbon. its been a while, 10 or 11 years, since i have made a wood boat. i have never built a tunnel boat before. should be fun. anyone have any tips?

matt

this boat will have deformable pickles. i am just building them out of wood so i can pull molds off them

Comment

Excellant

Excellant work Matt, more pics of the build as you go.

Comment

Details.............

What class is that, do you have your own cell mold or ??????, who has ordered one, etc.

Comment

Dont take any ideas from this guy
          Attached Files
          " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
          Art Pugh

Comment

slow progress on the tunnel hull. i have been busy making a 20ssh and installing a new heater in the shop. bud clarke, a classic motor collector from kingston, has been giving me a hand on the tunnel hull.

Comment

Matt,
              I saw Hunter's FEH and the guy with the DMH both win up in Millville a few weeks ago..........the boats really were quite impressive! Not trying to be TOO nosey here, but I was wondering if you put any wood frames or other support inside the hydros in certain spots before you put the two halves together? Also, what is the difference between the 20SSH boat and the CSH boat?
              Great job with what you are doing with these boats!
              DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

the 20ssh boat is the same as the csh. i have a mold only for that size boat. all other boats are built similar to wood boats, separate panels. all the boats are framed internaly.

Comment

Originally posted by arltralite
                  i thought i better try building one in wood, before i tackle one in carbon. its been a while, 10 or 11 years, since i have made a wood boat. i have never built a tunnel boat before. should be fun. anyone have any tips?

matt
                  It looks like a Paul Pittman designed SST 60.
                  If it is, only the decks will give you fits. I helped Sam LaBanco build his.The rest is straight forward hydro type construction.
                  Mark N
                  Last edited by MN1; 10-24-2004, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Optical illusion?

Hmmn...that looks like a hook upfront. Gary built a couple that way. One of them won an F1 race this year and the other crashes alot.
                    " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
                    Art Pugh

Comment

so..................

What class is it anyway?

Comment

i hope none of you are trying to scale this boat off the pictures. it is a sst60.

Comment

tunnel.......

Looks like it would be tough getting through the corners from the last picture. Is it going to be set up for a Twister?

Comment

still making slow progress on the tunnel boat. delivered a 20ssh on friday. started a csh today. starting a dmh later this week.

Comment

i have been busy with other things, boat progress is slow

Comment

Working...
                              X