Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Quinault August 21 & 22 Whidbey Island Roostertails

NEXT RACE – Lake Quinault August 21 & 22

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your neighbors friends – Whidbey Island Roostertails will once again be racing at the Fish Hatchery on Lake Quinault. This is another beautiful site for racing. There will also be the annual canoe race hosted by the Quinault Indian Nation. So bring your lawn chairs and plan to enjoy a fun weekend.
    Attached Files

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Since you are a Racer with the club I must ask how do these lakes compare with Heart Lake. I raced with the club from 85 - 88 while I was in High School and that that time we only raced in Heart Lake (like 6 times per year) and Dugalla Pond (twice per year). There was always talk about making other races and I think there was a race in 89 or 90 I heard about in Duval but I have not heard hide nor hair of the club since then. Personally while being a short course I always found Heart Lake to be like a home field that always seemed perfect for racing.

Sean
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

New quote for my marathon training:
    Pushing the limits means getting out of your comfort zone.

Comment

There will never be another Heart Lake. One Racer has requested that his ashes be spread there, I was fortunate enough to race there many times, Norm Bunting has the honor of being the last racer to ever turn a lap at Heart Lake.

Ouinault is as much a great day of cultural immersion as it is a great outboard boat race. The locals race canoes, traditional dug-outs with 25hp Mercs or Yamatos with open megaphones. Having tried one of these I can attest to the difficulty of driving a 12" wide race boat with tiller handel steering, most hydro racers make about 10 feet and tip over, even if they do make it a lap around ALL hydro racers tip over.
      But like I was saying half the fun of Quinault is just hanging with the locals. They bring out the whole family young, old, dogs. Everything happens at a little more leisurely pace on the coast. It's nice 50-R

Comment

Have a good time for me ! I will be stuck working this coming weekend !

Should be a good time too ! DRAT it all !

John Biagio

Comment

Wow I never would have guessed it was no longer open to race. I thought all of the environmental types said our racing was actually helping the water when we were ariating the wather with our propellers helping the fish population. Sorry to hijack the thread I was just going down memory lane...
          The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

New quote for my marathon training:
          Pushing the limits means getting out of your comfort zone.

Comment

Boy was that a great wk end of fun and races .
            A good feild of boats from csr to open hydro , CMH to 20ss .

And the dugouts were amazing to watch .

Saturday night at the dinner i saw the biggest oysters i have ever eaten just like a 8oz steak .

Ill be at the next race fosho.

Steve A

CMH. 61R
            Short Fuze Racing
            Team Darneille
            ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
            IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Working...
            X