Whidbey Island Roostertails July 24-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whidbey Island Roostertails July 24-25

Hoping to see some of my SOA friends at Lake Pleasant on July 24-25 weekend.I hear it's a real nice venue and last chance to run before the Nat's.I'm looking forward to testing my new 302 and get it dialed in before the pilgrimage to Oroville. JGW
    Attached Files

Heading up there to test a new (For Me) C-Mod Hydro ! Been 24 years and itching to go !

John Biagio

Comment

Tell all the guys Ted says Hello please!
      Been 10 years since I ran with WIR, but I still have VERY fond memories of my time there.

Comment

Any more info on this race? Camping? RV parking? Course size...
        Anyone have Steve Borks #?
        Mike

Comment

Lake Pleasant

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
          Any more info on this race? Camping? RV parking? Course size...
          Anyone have Steve Borks #?
          Mike
          Mike, There is on-site camping, and rv's ok too. Course aprox 3/4 mi. Potluck sat night...
          Maroney Racing

Comment

Is this the Lake Pleasant off 101 or 405? Directions...depends on if I get my props by next weekend or not.

Comment

Forks

Is this the Lake Pleasant off 101 or 405? Directions...depends on if I get my props by next weekend or not.
              Hwy 101 about 5 miles north of Forks just past the little store they will have a sign on the road. There are no A boats currently so perhaps an A class is in the making... Brian B, Brian M, others?

Comment

Whidbey Island Roostertails?...In Forks?

I remember (a long time ago) a nice little lake outside of Anacortes.
                Also what was kind of like a farm pond, where the pits were alongside a road overpass.

Good times, no frills boat racing.

One of the first times I ever raced a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                  Whidbey Island Roostertails?...In Forks?

I remember (a long time ago) a nice little lake outside of Anacortes.
                  Also what was kind of like a farm pond, where the pits were alongside a road overpass.

Good times, no frills boat racing.

One of the first times I ever raced a boat.
                  Your thinking of Heart lake. Great place, too bad the tree huggers took over there. Whidbey Is. Roostertails still offers great racing and fun at a miminal expense. The potluck after racing is another bonous...
                  Maroney Racing

Comment

Originally posted by PRO-MOTIONRACING View Post
                    Hwy 101 about 5 miles north of Forks just past the little store they will have a sign on the road. There are no A boats currently so perhaps an A class is in the making... Brian B, Brian M, others?
                    Thanks, that's way out there on the peninsula! What size of course is it; compare it to an APBA race please. We might have 3 altogether or I'll run with any other class just to test.

Comment

Thanks, that's way out there on the peninsula! What size of course is it; compare it to an APBA race please. We might have 3 altogether or I'll run with any other class just to test.
                      About 3/4 with no outside so if testing is it there is plenty of room. Are you bringing the 25? I think you might be able to run that in C-mod and open.

Comment

course

Ron will work with you on course size!! there's plenty of room there to make nice 1 mile course so you can work on set ups for Nat. and you will get alot of racing in!! well worth the trip. P.S. when you get there just tell him it's to small...works everytime...

Dave Trisko
                        Last edited by dt 01; 07-17-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Lake Pleasent

I am thinking of bringing my Tohatsu D rig up....where exactly is the lake? Is the course protected from pleasure boats? I would assume I can run my sled in open class...or do they still run D stock? Looking forward to seeing old friends.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                            I am thinking of bringing my Tohatsu D rig up....where exactly is the lake? Is the course protected from pleasure boats? I would assume I can run my sled in open class...or do they still run D stock? Looking forward to seeing old friends.
                            How Cool, you be racing against Mike (the property owner and race host, Thanks, Mike) who has your old boat and Merc motor. The only question is who will be adding the electrical tape 1 to the boat number.

See above post or check map sites for location the turn off is about one block north of the turn off for the public boat launch and the race site is only about 200 yards off the 101.

Comment

Whidbey , Lake Pleasant

That was a fun weekend, great bunch of folks ! Have a couple of pics will post later ! Mike, thanks for the use of you property ! Shelly and Ron, great pot-luck Sat. night ! Hope Ron is feeling a little better !

John 67 R

Comment

Working...
                              X