Lyle the File!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyle the File!!

Rare photo...with great timing and a special camera, was able to get a still shot of Lyle Mason. Very rare as this man is always on-the-go. Way to stay young Lyle, see ya in the first turn!

P.S. R.I.P. to our old friend Ray
    Attached Files

Must have been one really fast shutter to capture that rare sight!!!

Comment

An earlier sitting back in 2008

This does not occur very often. Just like UFO sightings this legand Mod engine building is hard to capture on film. This was another rare occurance back in 2008.
      Attached Files
      Tom L.

Comment

Yes! he is usually running around with those yellow pipe covers in his hands - LOL, I still remember him runnin up and down the pits with bags of em and back to the tailer to get more when he ran out or emptied the bag.

Luv Ya Lyle. always a smile to brighten the day.
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Secret

See, Dad's secret is to be a rare photo opp becasue he is working on his super modified 750CCM engine and a new 850CCM engine.

Thanks for the pics Joe and Tom.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

He looks like he is a lot of fun. Is he always smiling?
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I met Lyle in 98 or 99 at Franklin,PA. Had a blast with the guy.
              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

[He looks like he is a lot of fun. Is he always smiling? ]

The only time I notice that he is not smiling is when he is behind the wheel. He is all business when he is driving.

Comment

Lyle will always bring a smile to your face when you see him. He is so full of energy, I hope I can do that at his age, not to say he is old or anything!!

Mac Attack
                  "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

How about this one. If he had cut that hair he would have picked up a few mph. This is about 77/78. I have know Lyle since about 1971. He and his family or some of my best firends in racing
                    Attached Files

Comment

Omg !!!

Danny -

Could it be that Lyle is actually Hyde from "That 70's Show"?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tomtall; 07-01-2010, 07:12 PM.
                      Tom L.

Comment

Originally posted by proprider View Post
                        [He looks like he is a lot of fun. Is he always smiling? ]

The only time I notice that he is not smiling is when he is behind the wheel. He is all business when he is driving.

That's been my experience with him as well. A swell guy

Comment

Hey Dave are you and the File (Hyde) LOL gonna make it to Centraillia?? I know if you dont make it you and Lyle will be mossed and the E & SE wont be the same, Also Ralph says there will not be a second year you beat him LOL
                          Jeff

Comment

Not Sure

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                            Hey Dave are you and the File (Hyde) LOL gonna make it to Centraillia?? I know if you dont make it you and Lyle will be mossed and the E & SE wont be the same, Also Ralph says there will not be a second year you beat him LOL
                            Jeff,

It is not looking good right now. Someone else might have to give Ralph some game. Maybe things will change later on, who knows.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I first met Lyle in 05 at the winter nationals when we pitted next to the Mason camp. I could not have asked to be in better company. lyle was Always smiling, and the whole Mason camp displayed such good sportsmanship that I will never forget it. A true honor to have befriended these gentlemen.
                              Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X